Skip to content

DnDOnlineGames is now RPG Crossing!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
For anyone who knows me outside of this site, you likely know that I've been a staff member at DnD Online Games off and on for the past few years. It's a great community of D&D players and a great place to "PbP" (Play-by-Post, which is basically like tabletop D&D except that you play it on a message board).

Well, recently the site started a process of rebranding itself as RPG Crossing, which allows it to welcome more than just D&D players. It's still the same community, just with a different name (the logo on the page still reads DnDOnlineGames, even).

Anyway, here's my shameless plug for the site; go check it out when you get a chance, apply for some games, have a good time.

Oh--here's the url: http://www.rpgcrossing.com

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited February 2013
    /me is checking out.

I've always wondered how one plays DnD by post.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I should have clarified that the site's name-change took effect today. So there's still some kinks being worked out with the new domain. I promise, the site itself is a lot nicer than the splash page that's currently there. :)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    More play-by-post goodness? My goodness! :D Thank you, Aosaw! The...is that a badger? Beaver? Knows best!
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Solo run looks promising, when I got the time i will try it someday.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I could definitely be down with some PbP. (Like I have time for it! But what the hey.)
    The great thing about PbP is that you don't need to schedule four hours continuously each week; you just need fifteen minutes to an hour when you have time to post. I've played in up to twelve games simultaneously before with little effect on my outside affairs.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I've played PbP before at gaming project sites I was involved with and it was actually some of the best gaming fun I've ever had, hands down. I just tend to get caught up in it, lol. The game and the RP itself of course. But much of the fun for me also is character creation, writing the bio, finding the portrait, and also studying particulars of the setting, and so on.

The last time I did this the DM did all the dice rolling for the players and that worked really, really well to keep things moving. So I think I'll look for a game like that, if there is one at RPG Crossing. Set in the Forgotten Realms. Off I go now to take a look. :)
    As a brief kind-of-update, I recently stepped down as staff member over at RPG Crossing in order to have more time to actually play. At the moment I'm entertaining the possibility of running a campaign, so keep an eye out for advertisements in DMs Seeking Players! (Fair warning--I houserule heavily.)