Skip to content

Valentines

CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
edited February 2013 in Fan Creations
Personally, I prefer St. Skeletor's Day, a special day to celebrate the destruction of love and all things good. But, even though I despise it, that's not a reason not to cash in on Valentine's Day as well. So here are a few 'cards' I threw together.

Jaheira:

I wasn't sure how to pose Jaheira, so she's just neutral. I can imagine you offering her chocolates or a card, and she'll say ''And what, pray, am I supposed to do with this? Is it a weapon or item relevant to our quest in any way?'

Mind you, you can actually buy a locket for her in game. Seems a bit unfair that the same option doesn't come up to buy a gift for every other romance.
Post edited by Coutelier on

Comments

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Nice job. Viconia's Robe is cool. Can you make male version of it with stars. It would be great.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Djimmy said:

Nice job. Viconia's Robe is cool. Can you make male version of it with stars. It would be great.

I'm not sure what you mean. A male version of Viconia, or just the outfit on another character?
    Bhaaldog said:

Great stuff!

Thank you. :)

• MarcusEMarcusE Member Posts: 6
    Cute pic.
    Bhaaldog said:

Now your giving me naughty thoughts...

Yep, I think that's the point.

Might I suggest some fan fic based on this one?

No Safana in skimpy little lingerie and pigtails?

I admire your persistence. Pigtails I've got, but there is there anything specific about the clothing you'd like? (And yes; she will have to be dressed).
    MarcusE said:

Bhaaldog said:

Now your giving me naughty thoughts...

Yep, I think that's the point.

Might I suggest some fan fic based on this one?
    Hmm... I've only ever written one femslash fic involving the two of them. I'm sure there are others, but usually they're just BFFs.

• VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    I'd find it disturbing if BFF's would kiss each other like that, just like that last pic. But that's just me. :P
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    They're not BFFs...
    edited February 2013
    LukevanV said:

I'd find it disturbing if BFF's would kiss each other like that, just like that last pic. But that's just me. :P

Jalily said:

They're not BFFs...

Maybe not in that picture. Although, with Imoen you can't be sure; she might just be on a sugar high or something.
    Bhaaldog said:

You can do wonders with a charm spell!

If magic's involved, it'll probably be Edwin behind it, getting them to act out his fantasies. Or else, he intended for them to kiss him, but it went wrong, again. :)

Post edited by Coutelier on
    Safana: With pigtails.

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    BRB, going to take a dip. ...in cold water.
    Because Neera said it would be a good idea, and good for the skin! Yes, indeed.

BRB, going to take a dip. ...in cold water.
    Because Neera said it would be a good idea, and good for the skin! Yes, indeed.

It is good for you, yes. And helps build up your resistance should you ever fall into cold water by accident. Personally, I've got a bad back so I often need to stay seated for quite long periods.
    Last, I'll share this bit of extreme silliness/fanfic I penned a long time ago. There was a sketch from a British comedy series ‘Big Train’ that’s a bit similar to this, making fun of french cinema. I half remembered the sketch at the time, but couldn’t remember what series it was in. I watched it all on DVD again recently though, and their sketch was much better than this. Of course, they're pros and very funny.

L’amour des Pixels

~ Lundi ~
    Cafe Interior; Day

“My Lady… Aerie. You have the biggest, bluest eyes I’ve ever seen. When I look into them I see sadness, kindness, gentleness… I could be lost in those eyes forever…”

“Anomen… I… I’m sorry. I’m afraid I asked you her because… I-I have a confession to make.”

“What is it, my love?”

“I’m sorry, but… I have a confession to make. You see… I-I’ve being seeing a character from another video game.”

“I see… I don’t know what to say. Who is he? Is it Morte from Planescape? I know he’s always had an eye on you…”

“No.”

“Not… not Myron from Fallout 2?”

“No… I may be naive sometimes but I’m really not that stupid.”

“The Warrior from Diablo?”

“No.”

“Surely not Sam, from Sam & Max?”

“No.”

“Then who?”

“I’ve been seeing… Dizzy, Prince of the Yolkfolk.”

“But… he’s just an egg with boxing gloves instead of hands…”

“H-he’s very sensitive and sweet. Ever since Daisy fell from a wall and… and couldn’t be put back together, he’s needed someone to comfort him. At first that’s all it was, but things started to develop…”

“Do you love him?”

“I don’t know… I think so. I-I’m sorry… I’m so sorry. I have to go…”

~Mardi~
    Street Exterior; Night

Anomen staggers drunkenly along, falling over some bins and pulling himself with the help of a lamp post that a dog has probably already peed on. He stops, looking longingly up at a balcony where he had spent many a happy evening in the not too distant past. He sees no light inside, but still he calls for her:

“Aerie! Aerrr-riiiiie!!!” He bawls.

A light appears, and then so does she, her eyes filled with anguish and sorrow. For a moment it appears as if she might reach out to him… but behind her, an ominous shadow. A cursed, black, oval, shape. She turns to it, and it engulfs her.

Anomen, weeping, staggers away.

~Mercredi~
    Street Exterior; Day

Anomen, sober still dishevelled, wanders the streets, lonely as a man who has just been dumped by his girlfriend. And then he sees her on the other side of the road; then he sees him. A big white egg with red boxing gloves and boots attached to it.

Dizzy swaggers up the towards the corner where Aerie is waiting. Then he jumps, lands on a tarpaulin cover in front of a shop, bounces and spins three times in the air before landing perfectly in front of the elf and producing a bouquet of flowers in his boxing glove hand. Anomen shakes his head.

“Git.”

~ Jeudi~
    Cafe Interior; Day

“Hello, Aerie.”

The elf looks up, surprised to see her former lover. He seems to be looking much better now. But she glances nervously to the side as the egg returns from the bathroom.

“Um… Dizzy. This is my friend, Anomen.”

“Ah… Aerie speaks a lot about you, Anomen. She says you are a knight?”

“That’s right… and, what is it that you do?”

“I appear in a number of 2D platform and puzzle games from the mid-nineteen eighties to the nineties. Mostly I just wander around picking up things and try to use them with other things.”

“Sounds very rewarding.”

“Sometimes… but it can be quite tedious. I’m afraid I have to go now, my sweet. I have to get the Leprechaun’s Wig back into the Cauldron.”

Aerie stands up and they quickly put their arms around each other and kiss… well, she puts her arms around him. Dizzy doesn”t really have arms or legs; just hands and feet of sorts. He then leaves them to talk.

“Aerie… tell me, what is it you like about him? And please… don’t say stability. He hasn’t appeared in a game for more than fifteen years. Even if another one was released, you know as well as I that video games have a very limited shelf life. You would only get stability from the work of a writer of classic literature, like Puck from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, or Chekhov’s ‘Man Without A Spleen’. Is it just the love making?”

“I-I do really care about Dizzy, but… I don’t think we have what I had with you. Is there any chance that we…?”

“I’m sorry Aerie… but it’s not possible. You see… I’ve started seeing a character from another video game too.”

~Vendredi~
    Street Exterior; Day

Aerie wanders the streets, lost and lonely. She looks up, spying Anomen through a glass window laughing over some wine. He then picks up a three foot long baguette, holding it lengthways across the table for his companion; a large yellow round thing with a red ribbon attached to her. Aerie watches in awe as she munches through the entire baguette in one go.

Realising there was no way she could ever compete with someone so full of confidence and beauty, the elf, resignedly, continues on her way.

~Fin~