Skip to content

Project Image & CC behaviour

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
Current behavior. I'll just quote:
Redcoat said:

- Cast Chain Contingency, fill it with three Project Images, set it to fire "When Helpless." Then cast a Project Image, which causes your caster to be come immobilised, which fires the contingency, giving you three more Projected Images, for a total of our. Now you have four copies of yourself, each with its own copy of all your spells. And each Projected Image ignores the limit on summoned creature, so each one can cast up to six Planetars, for a total of 24 Planetars if you use all your Projected Images. Almost nothing in the game has a snowball's chance in hell of dealing with that.

Expected behavior
Projected Images should be capped at 1 (Same for Simulacrum & Mislead).
Max controlled monster amount should also be fixed.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I agree about the Chain Contingency exploit, but the limitless summoning is not caused by it, Devas and Planetars just have no summoning limit.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I don't think Project Image will be in BGEE, sounds like something to think about for BG2EE though.
    CuvSpaceInvader
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    edited September 2012
    Not even in The Black Pits? I'd venture to guess that PI is but CC is not.

EDIT: Actually I can't recall what happens if you cast PI on PI, does it work?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    It will not work. Furthermore, if you cast CC from PI character, You will not be able to choose any spells neither close the selection window.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    lansounet said:

I agree about the Chain Contingency exploit, but the limitless summoning is not caused by it, Devas and Planetars just have no summoning limit.

Yep. Although, I would argue that Devas and Planetars should be capped.

Projected image also allows you to bypass the limit on traps on a board.

Projected image also allows the projected image to use magic items without limiting their charges. For example, a projected image can use the rod of resurrection 10 times and when the image is gone the player will still have the same rod of resurrection with 10 charges.

Chain contingency also allows chaos shields to stack. When 3 chaos shields are cast in a row, there is no cumaltive effect but when they are cast in a chain contingency they stack.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @AHF I removed the xp-cap and CC doesn't allow PI/Chaos Shields/etc to stack anymore :)
    AntonMagnetic

@AHF I removed the xp-cap and CC doesn't allow PI/Chaos Shields/etc to stack anymore :)

Good to know! How about the summoning limits, trap limits and item usage?

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    AHF said:

Still the same.

AHF said:

Still the same.
    Thanks!
    SpaceInvader
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013
    This is not a bug. This is a nice way to obliterate everything on screen. Who wouldn't like a team of planetars? Especially against Demogorgon, Irenicus hell or Melissan? There is another variation, though. Full spellbook page with Simulacrum, cast 1 simulacrum first, cast one planetar with main character, have the planetar cast lesser restore on simulacrum creature (especially if you are fighter mage it works wonders), then have simulacrum cast simulacrum itself, repeat until you have 5 copies of you (you included), all lesser restored by planetars, and have each one of them summon planetar and whatever else creatures you have memorized. This should NOT be fixed. It is great!