Skip to content

Found and Lost?

Folks,
I defeated the skeleton knight at Firewine, but I had no idea of his armor's significance. So, I left it on the ground.
I then continued my exploration and ran into the ghost knights, several saves later.
I go back to retrieve the armor, but it's gone!
So, my question is.....is there a limit to how long discarded items remain where you dropped them?
Is it safe to stash stuff in barrels or chests??

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    edited February 2013
    Yes there is a time limit to how long things will last on the ground. But normally they don't disappear very quickly (a couple days I think). Unless you did a lot of resting it actually should still be where it fell, but maybe obscured by the walls or something? Did you try tab to highlight?
    Barrels and chests however are safe and things in them will last forever.

Edit: I had forgotten this was the iPad section! Hit the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the screen. It should highlight any obscured items.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Very important plot-related quest items (keys, wardstones, important documents) do not dissapear when left on the ground. Because they are vital to continue the game. Other items (including non-trivial quest items) on the ground do dissappear after a few days have passed.

You can store items in any container, be it a chest, drawer, bookshelf, table, barrel, a hole in a tree, etc. They will stay there.