Skip to content

Strenght spec

My fighter has a 18/72 strenght set and I just found the tome of strenght in the undercellar. My question is: Is it better to have the 18/72 or to get to 19 wich is higher than the "limit"?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    19 is much better. 18/72 is just +2/+3 (to hit/to damage), while 19 is +3/+7. 19 is better than 18 anything.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    18/72 -> tac0 +2, damage +3, weight 250
    19 -> tac0 +3, damage +7, weight 500
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Check this out for the rundown on how strength works:
    http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats#Strength

The jump from 18 to 19 strength is MASSIVE. Enjoy.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If you replace the slash with a decimal place, the whole thing makes a lot more sense.

Obviously 19 is higher than 18.72

Of course, then you have that whole thing where 18/00 is the best under 19 score of all. It's really quite silly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Also, as discussed in another thread, as *any* class can have 19 strength with a tome, if they start out with 18 Strength, even non-fighter types can benefit from this - I nearly always ensure non-fighter melee types like Swashbucklers and Blades and even Clerics (though they have less need of this with Draw Upon Holy Might) have 18 starting strength, even if it means making sacrifices elsewhere (e.g. giving Blades as little as 13 Int - you can avoid scroll scribing problems by batch scribing scrolls after glugging potions of genius).