Skip to content

[(BG1) MINOR BUG] Flesh-to-Stone victims can shift

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited November 2012 in Fixed
OBSERVED:
Although the game does a great job of keeping them generally very still, it is possible to make them shift positions by merely clicking on them as if to interact with them...

I also noticed that Tamah shifted as if to flee from Mutamin when I lured him near before letting him go hostile. This probably only applies in BG1 to Tamah (TAMAH.CRE, AR3500, x=1429, y=822) and Branwen (BRANWE.CRE, AR4900, x=3251, y=2882), but still...

EXPECTED:
Keep them incapable of reacting to their surroundings.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - petrified creatures no longer process their AI - which hopefully isn't too heavy handed.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited August 2012
    Confirmed Fixed
    You can't interact with stoned people anymore... faaar out, man.

Excellent: no reaction at all if right-clicked or left-clicked. I wouldn't worry about heavy-handedness regarding stone beings either...
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
    edited August 2012
    Erm... but...

Confirmed Not Fixed
    Stoned people run away if they've seen an enemy nearby before being released from stoning. That is, if an enemy was nearby that would've caused Tamah to run, she'll run even if the enemy is killed well before releasing her from stone. If you don't kill anything in her sight, she doesn't run otherwise.

@SethDavis
    Maybe add a ClearAllActions for the petrification-release scripting?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, i tested this recently, and it seemed to work. Frozen victims move, but petrified victims don't. At least when i talk to them.
    @Wisp
    Well, it woudn't be a matter of preventing all scripted behavior. Death should be death. Not sure how @SethDavis has reworked the Petrification effect though, so...
    Forgot that the matter of Tamah's behavior after being released was being treated as a separate issue with a new thread here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1297/bgee-bug-tamah-flees-once-released-from-stone

Moved the relevant discussion there, but left @Wisp's comments because they pertain to how or whether at all to meddle with Petrification conditions.
    @Wisp - It took a few tries (she's pretty good at saves vs death it seems) but I got her to petrify herself. Edwin said "Checkmate, the witch is finally dead!" or some such. Crisis averted?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @SethDavis
    I think it should be "So the witch Dynaheir is dead! I would have thought her more formidable [...]" in dialogue mode.
    The checkmate bit is part of his soundset, the react-to-die-specific bit. For a reference point, you could always kill her normally and see how he reacts. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    edited August 2012
    @Wisp - Ah, that is certainly different. Crisis mode engaged....

Potentially fixed - Cleaned up petrified behaviour a bit.

-Rather than not processing AI, petrified creatures are not able to change their animation sequence. This leaves them in the ready stance, rather than the at ease stance they were in, but it's a bit odd for someone to be petrified at ease anyway.

-Upon release they were looking to start dialogue with the protagonist. Switched it to start dialogue with the source of their freedom.

[NOTE] Whose idea was it to have characters start conversations from another characters script anyway? It's evil!
    Post edited by SethDavis on
    @Avenger_teambg - Is it alright if I prevent frozen people from changing their sequence as well? (I think it was you that mentioned them)
    SethDavis said:

@Avenger_teambg - Is it alright if I prevent frozen people from changing their sequence as well? (I think it was you that mentioned them)

Yeah, i didn't want to bug you with that, but if you do that, that would be perfect.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535

SethDavis said:

Yeah, i didn't want to bug you with that, but if you do that, that would be perfect.
    @SethDavis and @Avenger_teambg If you do that... will that remove the ability to creep people out with a statue that changes position from the first time you saw it? Just asking:D One of my many mod ideas that I never finished.

I don't know. If you use SetSequence, then there is a chance it will work. It really depends on where Seth added his piece.
    @Cuv - I'm pretty sure this will disable things like that, but I can try to find a workaround if you like.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @SethDavis LOL... hardly a priority. If you like and have time. I could always 'recreate' the creature in a different position. Not something I have looked at in about 7 years... so no hurry at all.
    @SethDavis now the statues in Felonious Gist Manor talk to you twice sometimes.
    edited September 2012
    Confirmed Not Fixed:

@SethDavis
    As @Avenger_teambg mentioned, it's now prompting for a force-dialog twice somehow, not always with the Felonious Gist folks (AR0719)- or at least I got the double-dialog rarely in tests with them- but always with Tamah (AR3500) and Branwen (AR4900). And in Branwen's case the 2nd dialog prompted is the "join or not" dialog. It would probably work ok if the double-prompt could be removed. And It also initiates dialog instantly. Would be better after 1 sec of seeing the Stone-to-Flesh animation near complete.

Note also that CLUAing a bandit into 0719 and shooting it emits their SHOUT.DLG which turns 3 of the 5 "Statues" from blue circles to red circles (all but the two at the edges of the triangle). The same doesn't apply to Tamah and Branwen who ignored the Bandit Call.

But on the bright side there's still no twitching, they now don't run away regardless of any previous monsters or combat in the area, and it does auto-prompt for dialog. :-)
    The double dialog is worse than a slight graphical glitch, though.
    Ok, I'll try to make them drop their paths and actions when freed rather than initiating dialog, and test to make sure that doesn't mess up their other dialog call.
    edited November 2012
    Alrighty then, they now drop their paths when freed, drop out of the shout.bcs and no longer initiate dialog. This should fix double talk, running and illogical hostility.
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
    Confirmed fixed