Skip to content

[Request] Master Thread of Externalization Requests

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2012
    I've been lurking around the modding community for years now and was always a great admirer of the work @Ascension64 has done with BGT-WeiDU, TobEX, etc.

It's very nice to know that he was involved in bringing forth BG:EE. Knowing that Overhaul has reached to the modding community lends even more credibility to this project, IMHO.
    DiscoCat
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    My last post was actually meant to another thread (the list of things that had been announced, regarding the item that claimed he was helping Overhaul out in fixing bugs). Let it be known that I also admire the work of many other modders, including everyone mentioned in this thread.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Externalize the party size limit. Is it even possible to consider that?
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2012
    @AndreaColombo

Please fix the Ranger class by adding Ambidextrous as free skill for rangers, it is solely missing, and would help even out the classes fighters.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Dazzu
    I believe they have said they looked at it, but abandoned the idea out of the sheer hardcodedness of the 6-member limit.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @wariisop
    I don't think AndreaC is a dev, nor that this is the thread to ask for bugfixes. Furthermore there is no bug with rangers and dual-wielding in BG2:ToB engine (which is used and upgraded for EEs), they get their 2 pips in Two-Weapons Style at lvl 1 for free.
    AndreaColomboTanthalas
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    If they don't want to change the limit, then surely the game cannot be truly 'changed'.
    Someday Ascension64 shall break that stupid BGMAIN to pieces with his TobEx hammer +5 and we will feast upon its remains.

Hopefully!
    Dazzu
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    It would be so much easier to un-hardcode the party limit than to do it from the compiled end. Something for the devs to think about post-release. Trent noted previously in a tweet that the number of times the party size was hard-coded was astounding.
    AndreaColombo
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188

It would be so much easier to un-hardcode the party limit than to do it from the compiled end. Something for the devs to think about post-release. Trent noted previously in a tweet that the number of times the party size was hard-coded was astounding.

I would just love to have the chance to have my own personal NPC army! >:)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @AndreaColombo: externalize hated races for rangers
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Avenger_teambg: promptly added to the OP.
    @AndreaColombo, here is another:

Externalize item restrictions based on characters.
    1. npc refuses to unequip item (like MINSC's boo)
    2. npc would unequip item only if provided with an equivalent (observed this in PST, Annah/Grace bodices, TNO's eye)
    3. only npc can equip item (Xan's sword)

There are already 2 implementations of this, one in ToBEx, one in GemRB.
    inigomartinezXylina

@AndreaColombo: externalize hated races for rangers

@Avenger_teambg: What exactly do you need here? You can already specify rangers' hated races by editing HATERACE.2DA. You provide the race STRREF, the race IDS index, and the info STRREF for the chargen screen.
    @Ascension64, you are right, i remembered incorrectly, it is IWD1/2 that has them hardcoded.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Ascension64 can you apply a hated race to a class other than a ranger? If not could that free up options for modding if soft coded?
    @IchigoRXC: 1st question: no. 2nd question: yes. Do people plan on the latter?
    @Ascension64 I made a few basic kits for my own playthroughs, as a foothold to get into the modding scene etc and when researching for Ideas came across a cool kit called a deathslayer, which is a necromancer dedicated to killing undead. It also has a sort of hated enemy aspect to it so I thought if freed up it could be used in creating kits with this sort of flavour.
    Perhaps assassins which use the hated enemy to get better attacks on humanoids.
    Can't you just use thaco/ac bonus vs. type effects for your kits? What else does the hated enemy feature does, I forgot? Increased saving throws maybe? IIRC that effect is missing.
    More than likely, I don't have any of my stuff infront of me to look through what I did for it (holiday) but I thought having a hated enemy would be cool. Also, is there a way for spells to have -saves against specific enemies, while I am here ;)
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @IchigoRXC
    You can use IDS targeting. For example, in aTweaks, humans have a save penalty against the fear effect of mummies, while other races roll their saves with no penalty.
    Whether it would work for you would depend on what you mean by "specific enemies".
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    Avenger:

1. npc refuses to unequip item (like MINSC's boo)
    [...]

I support this. Would be great!
    The OP has been updated to reflect the fact that Rangers' racial enemies are already soft-coded, as well as @Avenger_teambg's new request.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    How to word this?

Related to the character creation and style effects and magnitude requests, I would like to request that there be no restriction on proficiency effects and creation. To make myself clearer let me illustrate with a few examples.

I assume--though I don't know--that as of now it is not possible for a modder to create a weapon type with a corresponding proficiency selectable on level up. I know i've seen a mod with a bola weapon type that uses the sling art, animations and proficiency. I understand that not much can be done about the first two but it would be nice if it was possible to, for example, create a proficiency tier that allowed a small chance to immobilize a foe (if they fail some save) with a bola rather then, say, bonus attacks.

Or perhaps create their own style like unarmed or.armor specialization if they so choose.

it would also be nice if it was even possible to use proficiencies to emulate a "skill", feat or nonweapon proficiency system if they are feeling ambitious.
    ^ Added to the OP.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Features from TobEx.

Externalise the barbarian HP table.
    99 rows for all RND*(treasure).2DA files.
    @Kerozevok - a comprehensive list of ToBEx features is already in the developers' hands, and they are considering them for implementation. No need to add that to the OP :)
    inigomartinez
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    That's a great new, sorry for the request in this case. ;)
    No need to apologize :)
    1. Item sounds (override default itemtype based sounds)
    itemsnd.2da

PICK DROP
    MISC72 GAM_12A GAM_12B

2. container icons/sound
    containr.2da

2DA V1.0
    SOUND BAM CLOSE
    BAG GAM_12A1 CONTSACK GAM_12A
    CHEST AMB_D05A CONTCHST AMB_D05B
    DRAWER AMB_D05A CONTDRWR AMB_D05B
    PILE AMB_D18 CONTGRND *
    TABLE AMB_D08 CONTTABL *