Skip to content

Custom spellbooks

FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
An amazing feature would be the opening of spellbooks to create your own spellbooks after which you could add these custom spellbooks to say the fighter class or paladin/ranger/druid classes so they do not share the cleric spellbook

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Clerics don't really have "spellbooks". They pray to their Gods for spells, and the God (or their emissaries) grant the spells that are prayed for. That's why I have been asking for specialized cleric spells based on the God/dess whom the character worships. OTOH, this would mean you couldn't add the spells of, say, Malar to your book if you worshipped Lathander. You could cast a Malarian spell from a scroll, but never add it to your "book" of spells to be prayed for.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    I know, but for in game purposes it is referred to as a spellbook, and as for the faith based spells all clerics are given their spells at level 1 so if you make a custom class or modify current classes you can add or remove the spells based on the kit, where as for wizards or bards this is impossible as they can be learned in scrolls and character creation so seperating the kits is a bit more difficult if not impossible. This is of course in game.

And my suggestion is simply "let us create our own page for spells so we can have more than the current "2" spellbooks.