Skip to content

No words on start screens

I just downloaded BGEE on my new Alienware 14x laptop. When I run the game the start screen is flashing and there are no words. I know where start game is so when I click on it. The next screen has no words, and so on for the next screen. Help!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's some basic troubleshooting tips on this page: http://www.beamdog.com/support/766

Specifically, you may want to update your graphics drivers. What kind of graphics card are you using?
  • disgruntleddisgruntled Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue. I'm on a Lenovo T430u running an Intel Core i5 with HD4000 graphics. I was getting a white screen and a crash, but I force updated the graphics drivers to those from the Intel website. That got the game to run, but now I'm experiencing the flickering screen and no text on clickable buttons.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    I'm having the same problem, but it only started after the patch today. Using an Intel i5 Processor and an AMD Radeon 7750. I have the latest drivers.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Found a fix that seems to work: Switch to 16 bit color depth. Text is displayed properly now. It still is a little annoying to have switch every time you want to boot up the game, but this does seem to work.
  • Facade98Facade98 Member Posts: 1
    I have same problem as disgruntled. i5 with HD4000 graphics. Updated drivers and no words. On Win8x64 so I can't change my bit depth PERIOD. Am I completely out of luck?