Skip to content

Display bug in patch 1.0.2014: Wand charges in quickslot items

FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
edited March 2013 in Fixed
Observed behavior: When switching from a character with charged items in their quickslots to one without charged items, the charge displays for the previous items persist, as shown in the pictures below. This happens separately for each quickslot.

Expected behavior: The number of charges should stop displaying when switching to a different character.

EDIT: Same bug as http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16361/latest-patch-status-bar , please merge.
Post edited by Fafnir on
ElectricMonk

Comments

• john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Installed the latest patch - just noticed this, swapping between my char (with healing potion) and Imoen ( with wand of magic missiles), causes the charges remaining in the wand to appear - top left over the potion icon when clicking back to charname.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    It seems like refresh function doesn't work properly
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Same problem.

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Dang, I just reported it but missed this thread.
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    There's a similar refresh prob with temples, if you click cure serious wounds - the option to purchase the same spell is still selectable, until you click again on the spell list (if that makes any sense).
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    I'm seeing this as well
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Are any of your other characters carrying anything with ten charges? There's a registered bug where that number isn't cleared when you switch chars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There goes my plan to run for President of Beregost.
    [Deleted User]
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This bug is known, sadly it percolated into the live release.
  • BlackAnnisBlackAnnis Member Posts: 3
    I am getting this as well. Mac OS X with patch 1.0.2014.
  • hazmatzakhazmatzak Member Posts: 9
    I see this bug even if no one is carrying any items with 10 (or more) charges. Two items with 5 and 4 charges. iPad 3rd gen.

And is the charge count supposed to be centered-ish instead of bottom-right? (Although with this bug, the numbers don't overlap and become illegible.)
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if it's been reported but, getting a slight bug that has my Wand uses on all characters even though Edwin and PC can use them for now.

Edit: Thought I'd add that everything goes back to normal when you select the entire party. You can then click on the non-wand users and it's fine. Once you click on a character with a Wand in the quickslot, you then have all members with the numbers attached like in the photo.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    same problem for me