Skip to content

[Mod] Give Rasaad the Sun Soul Monk Kit as intended - v3

RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
edited February 2013 in General Modding
Does what it says on the tin, but you will either need to install it before you meet Rasaad, or start a new game if you want it to work as it should.

**** All credit for this mod should actually go to @erg whose weidu skills put mine to shame and who provided the mod script ****

http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/72341532/file.html
Post edited by Requiem on
hansoloHaHaCharadeArchaicFinaLfront

Comments

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Is this a request or did I miss a link or something ?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    I didn't test the mod, but based on the tp2 this would just change Rasaad kit, but it would not remove his Stunning Blow ability (as per kit description, SSM are not supposed to be able to use Stunning Blow).
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    @erg good point, i've uploaded a new version which properly removes stunning blow.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Oh nice a link :) THX
    Your second version is better, but there are still a few problems:

1) you're providing to REMOVE_KNOWN_SPELL a list made of several instances of the same spell; you just need one
    2) you're not removing also the memorised spell
    3) you're use of WRITE_SHORT, WRITE_LONG, WRITE_BYTE to change the Kit is weird and redundant; you could have used just one WRITE_LONG because you need to change 4 bytes
    4) your last three WRITE_LONG are not safe; they will not work properly if another mod or a patch changes the offset or the number of memorization info
    5) it is more safe to check the size of the CRE files
    6) it is better to apply changes only if necessary

That's how I would do it:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~RASAAD.*.CRE~ ~override~ // Rasaad (All CRE Files)
    PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
    WRITE_LONG 0x244 0x40250000 // Change Kit to Sun Soul Monk
    REMOVE_MEMORIZED_SPELL ~SPCL811~ // Remove Stunning Blow from the Memorized Spell List
    REMOVE_KNOWN_SPELL ~SPCL811~ // Remove Stunning Blow from the Known Spell List
    READ_LONG 0x2a8 off1 // Read Memorization Info Offset
    READ_LONG 0x2ac num1 // Read Number of Memorization Info
    WRITE_LONG (%off1%+(%num1%-1)*0x10+0x2) 0 // Set to 0 Number of (Currently) Memorizable Spells
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

However, I'm quite new myself to WEIDU (this is my second tp2 ever), so any feedback on my proposal (from @Requiem or any other modder) would be much appreciated.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    @erg very impressive, and much more elegant than mine, I never really delved too deep into the weidu alterations (just the very basic stuff) but thanks for the info. Do you mind if I use your solution in the tp2 for the download? obviously i will be happy to give you credit for it.
    Feel free to use it.
  • twgreenetwgreene Member Posts: 1
    DOes anybody know how I can install this on a Mac? I'm starting a new game and I'd like to run this mod.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Requiem said:

@erg very impressive, and much more elegant than mine, I never really delved too deep into the weidu alterations (just the very basic stuff) but thanks for the info. Do you mind if I use your solution in the tp2 for the download? obviously i will be happy to give you credit for it.

Hey Requiem - Cool stuff. Does the original post now like to the most updated version since your back and forth with @Erg?
    edited March 2013
    @twgreene

To install on Mac follow the instructions in this discussion.

Let me know if you need further advice and I'll try and help you (even if I don't own a Mac).

@HaHaCharade

Yes, the first post links to the most updated version (i.e. version 3).
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt work for me, tried to attach a debug but couldnt, so heres what it says -

ERROR Installing [Convert Rasaad to a Sun Soul Monk?], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [RasaadBackup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "RasaadBackup/0/OTHER.0")
    [RasaadBackup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1 files for [RASAAD.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [override/RASAAD.CRE]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/RASAAD.CRE")
    Uninstalled 1 files for [RASAAD.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [RasaadBackup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "RasaadBackup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [RasaadBackup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "RasaadBackup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Sys_error("override/RASAAD.CRE: No such file or directory")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-RASAAD.DEBUG to Erg \ Requiem
    edited May 2013
    @Xzar

Did you have an override folder inside the main BGEE folder (i.e. the one containing the file chitin.key)?

If not, you have to create the override folder yourself.

If this does not solve your problem (or if the override folder is already present), can you please provide more information?

In particular:

1) your OS, including OS version (e.g. instead of saying just Windows, something like Windows 7 64bit, etc.)
    2) version of BGEE, including where did you get it from (e.g. Beamdog Standalone, Beamdog Client, Steam, Apple Store, etc.)
    3) describe as fully as you can, the procedure you followed for the installation

Edit:
    Also, can you please attach or post the full content of the file SETUP-RASAAD.DEBUG ?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited May 2013
    @Erg I managed to solve the problem by copying dialog,tlk from \lang subfolder where my basic installation kept it, to core folder of the game, where exe is located.
    @Xzar

That's weird because in that case the error message should be

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
    dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

instead of the one you posted.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you managed to solve the problem.
  • SojournerSojourner Member Posts: 42
    Download from that site isn't working for me. It looks like it starts to try to download and then it just quits.

Is this something that can be fixed in EEKeeper, or do these changes go deeper than that? If it can be changed in EEKeeper, if someone could tell me what needs to be changed (other than adding the Sun Soul Monk kit) I would just do it that way ...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Sorry for a noobish question, I still haven't started a BGEE campaign, but want to start soon:

is this mod still needed if you want Rasaad to be a Sun Soul Monk in v1.3 and is it compatible with the latest version of BG:EE?

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Son_of_Imoen Rasaad is a Sun Soul Monk in 1.3.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Jalily said:

@Son_of_Imoen Rasaad is a Sun Soul Monk in 1.3.

Thanks for the info. It is an ommision in the patch notes then, a find for 'Rasaad' didn't turn up any mention of his kit.

JuliusBorisov
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Rasaad was made a Sun Soul Monk in 1.2.
    elminster