Skip to content

Now THAT's an Enhancement!

In original BG1, the quest for Mr. Colquetle of Beregost never did work properly - he'd accept the return of his son's amulet, but never gave a quest reward. Even with the bugfixes from Baldurdash and Dudleyfix, this quest never worked.

Now at last, with the Update 7 patch to BGee, Mr. Colquetle's quest finally works properly, with an XP and reputation reward.

Those players whose party-composition requires the party's reputation to be managed within particular limits should be particularly delighted to note that this quest now gives either reputation +1 or reputation -1, depending upon how you respond in dialogue with Mr. Colquetle.

It's a minor sidequest, but this is exactly the sort of attention to fixing irritating minor errors in a satisfying manner which I've been hoping to find in the Enhancement project, a genuine enhancement of gameplay. Well done, Overhaul, and thank you! Keep up the good work.
KidCarnival[Deleted User]AnduinErgMadhaxDebasertoanwrathWilburFlashburnDarksheerRnRClownSenashXavioriaCactusThe_Guilty_PartyWillyML4CrevsDaak

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Wait, where is Mr. Colquetle?
    I don't think I've ever come across this quest before
    toanwrathTJ_HookerCrevsDaak
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    He's in a house in Beregost, next door to Firebead Elvenhair.
    ajwztoanwrathCrevsDaak
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    - rep! That is huge, good find.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013

In original BG1, the quest for Mr. Colquetle of Beregost never did work properly - he'd accept the return of his son's amulet, but never gave a quest reward.

Are you sure about that? I've never came across this amulet in vanilla BG1 (unless he accepted any plain Bloodstone Amulet). With the new patch (v2014) he only accepts his unique amulet (Colquetle's Family Amulet).

The amulet can now be found in
    AR4300 (North Nashkel Road; the same area where Portalbendarwinden is).

The item code of the amulet is
    AMUL13CO

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The quest was there in BG1 but was completely unfinished. He accepted any old Bloodstone Amulet but you really had no idea that those amulets had anything to do wit him; and not only that, but if you had talked to him initially without any amulet the quest was forever closed even if you did return later with the amulet. And on top of all that there was no reward for completing the quest.
    ErgFlashburnGemHoundCrevsDaak
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, @Erg, I'm sure about that. As @Balquo says, it used to be the case that any Bloodstone Amulet would suffice. Numerous quests in original BG1 responded to generic items of the correct type, it's only in BGee that most of them now have a dedicated item (i.e. with a separate item code and personalised item name).

Since it was always broken until now, this was never a well-known quest even among experienced players. All it did until now was take away an amulet for no reward, but it was always obvious from the dialogue with Mr. Colquetle that more was meant to happen. So again, I say thanks to Overhaul for fixing this after 15 years of being broken!
    ErgWanderonRnRClown
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Is there any other enhancements like this? Or this is the only one? Maybe it is possible to do the rest unfinished busines.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited December 2013
    @Sikorsky Patch 1.2 brought some enhancements to Aldeth's quest. As for other "unfinished business," you'll have to wait and see. ;)
    Post edited by Balquo on
    CrevsDaak