Skip to content

Mirianne's Husband Quest Not Shown as Completed

2»

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @reposter (and everyone) you didn't lose anything, just an entry in the journal didn't move from first page to second page. It will be fixed in r2013 :)
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    reposter said:

Hi, I encountered this bug(?) in Chapter 1 which involved the journal with regards to Mirianne's letter. I completed the quest and gave her the letter but the journal entry did not update into a completed quest.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Yupp, I can confirm.. same behaviour for me.
  • MindlessFireMindlessFire Member Posts: 1
    I can confirm this bug is still there, but there's a workaround to this if you haven't already completed this quest or are planning on rerolling in the near future. As Avenger_teambg has stated, if your Charisma is too high the journal entry will not update when you turn the scroll to her. If you have low Charisma, the quest will update and complete but you will not get the ring as an award. So if you want the ring reward and the journal to be updated as complete, you're going to need to have a character (or NPC) that has enough Charisma to get the reward but not too high that it causes the journal entry to bug.

I started as a Cavalier with 17 Charisma and turned in quest got the ring but the quest didn't update as completed. I reloaded and used Imoen who has 16 charisma, got the ring but the quest still didn't say it was complete which means Charisma still must be too high. Next I used Khalid who had 9 Charisma, didn't get the ring but the quest was completed. Next I tried Jaheira who had 15 Charisma. And lo and behold I got the ring reward and the quest was completed.

So basically when you turn in this quest, DO NOT have the person who speaks to Lady Mirianne have more than 15 Charisma if you want the ring and the quest to be updated as complete.
  • Savatage79Savatage79 Member Posts: 3
    So this quest along with a few others of mine wont update, since i just now read this...am i basically screwed to have these in my journal with this current run im in?
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2013
    Interesting note about the affect charisma has on this quest.

It failed to go from 'Quests' to 'Done Quests' once I handed Marianne the letter. I received her thanks and a ring as reward. But my quests tab was not updated. It did however scribe into my general journal entries.

I had Charname (as party leader) speak to Marianne. Charisma 18!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Observed behaviour: until at least Update 5, the journal would reflect the completion of the "Mirianne's Husband" quest, i.e. move the quest entry from Quests to Done Quests. Now (with Update 7) it doesn't register the completion in the journal (although the quest reward is still given correctly).

Expected behaviour: the quest entry should be updated to Done Quests on completion.

Commentary: maybe the bug has always been present, but only arose intermittently or conditionally, and I was merely lucky in previous runs that it updated correctly? I've no way to tell.