Skip to content

Shadow Dancer kit and 2nd edition questions....

The 2nd edition was what me and my brother played years ago and i dont remember ever seeing shadow dancer kit and was wondering if this kit was created by overhaul games for 2nd edition....i know in 3rd edition shadow dancers was around(neverwinter nights).Thanks for your time.

Comments

• KulgornKulgorn Member Posts: 8
    I was first introduced in 3rd edition, yes.

I don't know how they got the stealth checks to work but they did. And if you get a high level SD your chance of failing to stealth is quite small from what I seen.

I went with a 8 Shadowdancer 9 Figher dual classed human. It was silly how easy it was to more or less backstab my way through every single encounter.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Kulgorn said:

I went with a 8 Shadowdancer 9 Figher dual classed human. It was silly how easy it was to more or less backstab my way through every single encounter.

Part of how easy that was, is due to a bug, you were getting a x3 at lvl 5.
    You should only get x2 to your backstab multiplier until lvl 9, then you get a x3.

TJ_Hooker
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    I was just wondering if overhaul games had to create the shadow dancer kit from scratch for bg ee or was there actual stats in rule books,etc.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KulgornKulgorn Member Posts: 8

Kulgorn said:

Part of how easy that was, is due to a bug, you were getting a x3 at lvl 5.
    You should only get x2 to your backstab multiplier until lvl 9, then you get a x3.

That wouldn't make any difference other than fights taking slightly longer than normal. Once you get past the fact you have a gimped character for a little while (while going through the fighter levels) it's all just a matter of waiting for the first combat roll to show in the log and hit F6 to stealth and then left click on the mob again. Anything to make that process quicker is just gravy.

Unless you fail to stealth the mobs don't even move, as if the event never even happened. They don't even get the chance to initiate dialogue with the character most of the time. If you do fail to get back into stealth you just take an Invis potion and wait a few seconds to try again.

It suffers pretty much the same issue that NWN had with the class in that you either had to have a spell or item to see people in stealth (True Seeing etc) which made HiPS useless (not to mention anything else you had planned with stealth) in most cases or modify it so that the item or spell added to your spot/listen checks instead. I've not even started to mess with the option of using in conjunction with ranged weapons. Talk about doing what you want with impunity.