Skip to content

App crashes when I try to save (iPad 1)

doenerdoener Member Posts: 18
I downloaded BGEE yesterday for my iPad 1. It runs more smoothly than I expacted. But when I tried to save the game the first time after playing the game for about 5 minutes the app instantly crashed - and the game was unsaved.

The moment you try to save is literally the worst possible time to crash for a game. Is this problem known?

Comments

• mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    No its not normal. My question to you though, did you follow the Beamdog advice? Before playing BG do a full reboot and don't launch any other apps. This is supposed to prevent crashed on the iPad 1.

Another question is: does it crash every time you save? or just this once?
  • doenerdoener Member Posts: 18
    Hi mars0124,

thanks for your help!

>My question to you though, did you follow the Beamdog advice?

No I dindn't.

>Another question is: does it crash every time you save? or just this once?

I tried it once and it crashed. Now I took your advice to reboot before playing and it dind't crashed - thanks a lot.
    edited February 2013
    The App keeps crashing - even if I reboot and close all other running Apps before starting BGEE. The App crashes when I try to save or when I change the scene.

It’s crashing regulary after about 1h of play time.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    This seems quite odd. On most iPad1s we can usually get a few hours between instability. Try deleting the app and re-downloading it from the app store.
    -Trent
    edited February 2013
    Hi Trent,

thanks for your reply!

I will try this. I don't think it's a hardware problem, because all other Apps are running perfectly.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    @TrentOster Has anyone on your team been able to test Virtual Memory for iPad 1 users? Not that you can 'condone' using it, but maybe you can place the option for people that would not otherwise think of it.
    doener