Skip to content

Should Rasaad kit be changed to sun soul monk?

SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
I know you can use shadowkeeper to change his kit but should the developers change it? I have a ipad and do not have access to a pc to run shadowkeeper. Would the kit change make him a little more useful in bgee?
  1. Should Rasaad kit be changed to sun soul monk?105 votes
    1. Sun soul monk
      93.33%
    2. Keep as is
        6.67%

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    I feel no need to change the NPCs to kits but if you are going to go around talking about how you are a sun soul monk and there is a sun soul monk class....well, that doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the two.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Yeah, I feel this is needed because he is a damn sun soul monk and won't stop talking about it. Besides, the enemy monks you fight in his quest are dark moon monks no?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    He's a Sun Soul monk who worships the moon. But hey.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Maybe he'll be a Sun Soul monk in BG2EE.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Lemernis said:

He's a Sun Soul monk who worships the moon. But hey.

That's like a marine who fights on land. It doesn't make sense, but it can work. :P
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Why a private poll?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    There is no reason whatsoever for him not to be an actual, properly kitted SSM.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    My guess is they didn't want to bork existing players' games that already have Rasaad in them. Changing his kit mid-game could create some issues if not done at a case-by-case level.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I think these changes tend to only affect new games.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Wowo said:

Why a private poll?

This was my first poll and I didn't know if people would want the answers open.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I am undecided. I don't play with Rasaad so it doesn't affect me either way. Logically, he -should- be a Sun Soul Monk as per the kit. I can see how a lot of people would prefer he just remain a regular monk though as not everyone likes kits or that spesific one.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I thought it would be a given that he would be a Sun Soul Monk......

Also when you meet him in Nashkel he no longer is practicing his strikes, he just stands there :(

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Rasaad's kit should be changed into an Chaotic Neutral Drunken Master kit. The spirits will enlighten his spirit like never before!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I say yes because it fits his backstory (sun, moon, whatever - he talks about his faith ALL THE TIME, and explains there are different types of it) and because the two other new NPCs have a kit, too.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Sindyan

If you're willing to jailbreak your iPad, you can grab the WeiDU Mod that changes Rasaad in a Sun Soul Monk here and install it on your iPad following the instructions here.

As an alternative to the WeiDU Mod, if you manage to create an override folder on your iPad I could provide the Rasaad CRE files to be put there to make him a Sun Soul Monk (the WeiDU Mod is preferable though because it makes things easier when a new BGEE patch is released).
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    definitly change is good
    edited February 2013
    FYI, here's an interesting explanation of why some sects of Sun Soul monks worship Selûne.

Rasaad's kit should be changed into an Chaotic Neutral Drunken Master kit. The spirits will enlighten his spirit like never before!

Yeah, if there's going to be any alignment change track for him, this would get my vote hands down, lol. I don't see him going evil, though. Just doesn't feel right for him somehow.