Skip to content

Classic Adventures

ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
edited July 2012 in General Modding
Yet i'm sure people lurking on this forums, allready know about the monster work that was invested in modding the series that we know and love, it seems to me not enough people know about the total conversion Classic Adventures by SirBillyBob, Leahnkain and Celestine, over at SHS. I find it marvelous.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/ca

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/16913-screenshots/

P.S. Those of you who played it, do care to say a few words.

P.P.S. Also if you know anything about the current work, do share with us.

Comments

• DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    This modification will be even better when the new edition is out, I'm sure. I played and enjoyed classic adventures but would have liked it if instead of all the adventures being together, you get to pick which one you do. Other than that, i thought it was cool :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2012
    I'm still in the middle of it, and it's great fun to play and well-written. It isn't finished yet though, and that's tellable from the in-game experience. There's still bugs left that need to be fleshed out.

The second thing wanting, is the mod has a high-quality website with lots of wonderful info on all the NPC's you can recruit, but it's down since the overhaul of the Spellhold Studios forum.

So two things I'm hoping for: for continued work on the mod and for the website to get online.

It's far too wonderful a mod to fester away.

And for those who don't know: it's a complete new, totally unrelated adventure in the BG2 engine, that takes place in a totally different place of Faêrun (or am I mistaken, is it another campaign setting?) based on old-school 2nd edition AD&D pen and paper modules. Some of whom I've played in secondary school!
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Hey @Zafiro @DKnight and @Son_of_Imoen I'm gearing up to make a "Let's Play" of Classic Adventures for youtube. I've played it before but don't know everything about it, and the site for the mod has long since been taken down. I'm trying to find out where all the NPCs are so I can make sure to show most of the content, do you guys have any idea where I could find this out?
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Stargazer5781, that is good news, I always thought we need an LP of CA on YouTube; I'd be following it.
    I'm afraid I can't help you much but point to Spellhold Studios. I do remember a few good NPC's join you pretty soon.

I was thinking asking about a multiplayer play through.. Either way, I wish you a great time!
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    @Zafiro May be setting up a multiplayer of it in a week or two after I finish a run of Icewind Dale with this guy, if we do I'll definitely let you know.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Stargazer5781, have you given up on CA?
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    Can some1 send me links do download this? Links are experied :(