Skip to content

Is it sad?

Is it sad that I give the belt of femininity to Montaron, just so that his battle cry is that much more disturbing?
[Deleted User]IllustairFafnir

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KidCarnivalChowIllustair
  • BronypwnyBronypwny Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    Heh... yea... It is kinda childish... But I figured I'd share my thoughts... Who do you typically give that belt to, if anyone? Or who else would it be funny to throw on (For those silly little moments)... OH, Maybe Safana! That could be silly.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    It'd be more funny if the NPCs had alternative lines recorded for them just in case you decide to put the belt on, like Edwin in BG2.

...Doable for the next patch?
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    We use it in multiplayer games if you need a shaming.
  • BronypwnyBronypwny Member Posts: 12
    Chow said:

It'd be more funny if the NPCs had alternative lines recorded for them just in case you decide to put the belt on, like Edwin in BG2.

...Doable for the next patch?

As much as I like this idea, it would require a bunch of voice actors and actresses. Even re-recording the lines as is would require a voice for 28 different characters. I'm not saying 28 different voice actors/actresses, but I don't think it's a "Patchable" thing... At least, not in the NEAR future (and I doubt in the far future).

Still, though, a little foresight woulda been awesome to have such a thing, but, hey, hindsight is 20/20, isn't it.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Seriously, there are way better things to patch. The belt was funny at first, but now, I just sell it or put it on an NPC I remove. It's a cursed item that does nothing but change the paperdoll. It blocks a slot I could use for a more useful item.
    I was kidding. I thought it was obvious.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I put it on Dorn(a). Way, way better! Just wish the voice would change...I already have a female portrait for her.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I really wish it were possible to give Unshey that belt instead of the sweet piercing-AC one.

As for who to put this belt on? I let Quayle have it, let him fist fight an ankheg and then Reform Party his corpse outta my sight. Lets see his "superior intellect" get him out of that situation. Belt is then sold off for the 100G it is now worth thanks to Quayle identifying it for us.
    Fafnir
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    It would be a hilarious easter egg if each NPC had a single line reaction to the belt.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I put the belt on Minsc and found a bug, which I reported for the v1.0.2014 patch.

When a Wild Surge changed Minsc from man to woman, putting on the belt left him as a woman and did not change him back to a man.

So Minsc is still running around as a woman, despite wearing a belt that should have changed him back to a man. All the women in the part are even more crazy for him now!

Are you sure this is a bug? Wild Surge should 'Curse' Minsc into the form of a woman (not that being a woman is a curse, but being changed in that manner would be). The belt likewise curses him/her from their natural state (that of a man) into the opposite. In effect, he is double cursed and the belt shouldn't act as a curse removal. (all IMHO).

On a different note, i was thinking of putting the belt on Khalid, only he really doesn't need it now does he?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I made Khalid wear that belt once. It didn't do nothing.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Calmar said:

Elves are effeminate in the first place.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Calmar said:

At least that is Khalid's stance.
    SilverstarJullos
    Bhaaldog said:

It would be a hilarious easter egg if each NPC had a single line reaction to the belt.

It would probably be possible in terms of dialogue but not the voice acting.
    The NPC mod had something like this. Shame it couldn't have been added.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Calmar said:

Did Kivan get that memo?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited February 2013
    I give it to Jaheira since she likes to act manly.

But Monty would due fine as well.