Skip to content

New NPCs Triple Interactions? [No Spoilers Please]

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The only interaction between two new NPCs that I have seen so far is Dorn picking on Neera as his example of a person "not to be trusted".
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I've had all of them at the same time and can't say I noticed any real bonus to the interactions. I believe Dorn and Rassad spoke to each other once.
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    In my playthrough with Dorn he seemed to have more interactions with vanilla BG1 NPCs (Viconia in particular) than any of the other new NPCs.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    edited February 2013
    In two different games for me Dorn has singled out Viconia as "The Drow who only cares for herself, she is not to be trusted." As well as Xzar for being crazy etc.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The "NPC is not to be trusted" is the only thing Dorn frequently does. Kagain can't be trusted because he only cares for money (and someone else could pay him more?), Edwin (can't remember), Xzar because he's crazy and Neera because she's unreliable. I assume it's random. Other than that, just Shar-Teel and refusing to duel with her because he has no time for such nonsense.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Only the Baeloth cutscene so far.
    Dorn has quite extensive coversations involving the PC, Edwin and Viconia.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Interesting, @Fardragon. In my previous playthrough, I had Dorn and Viconia as permanent members (although not Edwin), and I don't recall *any* conversation between Dorn and Viconia (although they both had quite a lot to say about other matters). There must be some other trigger conditions involved ... perhaps it only happens if Edwin is also in the party?
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    During the trip to the Cloud Peaks, Viconia had some things to say to Rasaad but I don't recall Dorn nor Neera saying anything. Khalid's only comment was that he wished to support his fellow Calisham man (or something like that).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited February 2013
    I distinctly remember a 3-way conversation with Dorn, Edwin and Viconia (it was more Dorn talking to Ed and Vicky separately, but within the same 'conversation', rather than the 3 of them discussing stuff).

Gods, I can't wait for BG2:EE. Dorn, Edwin, Viconia, new Thief. Maybe I'll keep these four and then have a cycling 6th slot like others do. Because I cannot effing stand Korgan (but I may take him near the end in order to sacrifice him in Hell).

Interesting, @Fardragon. In my previous playthrough, I had Dorn and Viconia as permanent members (although not Edwin), and I don't recall *any* conversation between Dorn and Viconia (although they both had quite a lot to say about other matters). There must be some other trigger conditions involved ... perhaps it only happens if Edwin is also in the party?

It is quite a long conversation between the PC and Dorn. First Edwin has something to say - I can't remember exactly what, but he is quite friendly towards Dorn, then Viconia buts in and they discuss racism.