Skip to content

lousy forum ?

2»

Comments

• Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    I'm mostly just annoyed that all of the formatting has to be done manually. Some basic formatting buttons like bold, italic, quote or insert picture would go a long way.
  • KukarachaKukaracha Member Posts: 256
    I don't understand how people here have trouble navigating through the forum - which is really great and fits its purpose and community quite nicely.
    We're supposed to be gamers, not noobs, dammit!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Jean_Luc said:

I'm mostly just annoyed that all of the formatting has to be done manually. Some basic formatting buttons like bold, italic, quote or insert picture would go a long way.

What annoys me about the quote button is that it quotes the whole post and not only what I have highlighted.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Tanthalas said:

Jean_Luc said:

What annoys me about the quote button is that it quotes the whole post and not only what I have highlighted.
    wait

where does it not work like this? I've always had to manually go back and take stuff out...
    Well, over at GameFAQs, if you're using Firefox and use the GameFOX add-on (or Chrome and the ChromeFAQS add-on I think), quoting works like that.
    one forum, one browser, with forum-specific addon. that's a pretty high standard to hold this place to >.>

I'll settle for a proper 'unread posts' function
    edited July 2012
    @Aranneas

Have you actually been to GameFAQs? This forum is probably more high-tech. (though it is true that in the recent year they've been expanding the functionality of the forum).
    I've visited the site. I've never been drawn in by the forum in particular.

I have frequented a wide array of forums in the past, however, and this is the first I've heard of such a functionality in quoting. Maybe GameFAQs isn't particuarly high tech overall, but looks like they got ahead of the curve in that one category based on my experience.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    edited July 2012
    @The_New_Romance clearly "Thousand Orcs" is the worst one... Dagnabbit ... really??? that's a character now!?!?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I think it would be nice if we fixed the bookmark button. It's fine if you already know where it is (left of the gear in the tread title) but it's still invisible until you mouse-over.

Other than that, I like how light-weight the posting ui is. I really don't like having a big toolbar for formatting.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267

Clicking on a thread you already visited will take you to the last post you read automatically... So where the problem's at?

Besides, nice community is better than just have all buttons in the world. And this community is freaking awesome! Yes, talking to you people ;)

I read this when I clicked on the thread. Oh, the irony.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    They are making a freaking game, not a forum.....Game first... Forum after....
    As i said before, the dedication of the volunteers is so great and a lot of the people in here cant see it !!

A good forum is off cource needed, and i think they know it... Time is needed, and there aint much of it..
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    @bgplaya

"DBAD" = Don't Be A Dick
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    We can deem this period of Time of Troubled Forums
    GAHAHAHA I crack myself up

(I really don't think the forums are that bad though, sure extra features are always nice, but as many of already stated: work on the game first)
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    This forum is keeping me going until BGEE comes out :-)
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Lediath said:

We can deem this period of Time of Troubled Forums
    GAHAHAHA I crack myself up

(I really don't think the forums are that bad though, sure extra features are always nice, but as many of already stated: work on the game first)

Sweet! Does that mean Trent Oster is going to wonder the forums seeding all the women?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Trentspawn? Wait I just got a BG3 idea!...
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Gun19 said:

This forum is keeping me going until BGEE comes out :-)

Oh, we're all addicts... very sad.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    @catheraaine

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Delvarian said:

Trentspawn? Wait I just got a BG3 idea!...

What the... O_o *backs away slowly*
  • AndrewRogueAndrewRogue Member Posts: 72
    While it could be improved a bit (the formatting is a bit clunky), this forum is actually starting to grow on me.