Skip to content

End-game and dual wielding.

bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
While dual wielding is an acceptable way of increasing a warrior's(regardless of class) damage output by sacrificing some survivability,i was always concerned about it's benefits in epic levels.Honestly i cannot recall myself having a mellee party member attacking a strong enemy without whirlwind attack,which functions alot better for 2-handers.

I actually have 2 suggestions for the issue:

a) either change whirwind and greater whirwind to a number of 6-8 additional attacks while removing the attack cap of 10

b)or have dual wielders attack with both weapons while doing significantly reduced damage with the off-hand and retaining the thac0 penalty

minor issue for sure but better solved than remaining.feel free to comment.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I don't really see much reason to try giving dual wielding any more benefits than it already does. If anything, I'd like to see single weapon style being given a push.

With dual wielding, you can effectively remove any benefits single weapon style (and even sword and shield style) would give by having a weapon that gives you AC bonus in your offhand. So you get the AC and more attacks.. Or you could have two different weapons that give very different bonuses, making your attacks nearly unstoppable.. where as single weapon and twohanded is restricted to one type of weapon at any given time.

So yeah, in my oppinion DW is already overpowered compared to the other alternatives.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I agree and feel that Dual Wielding for me is the best way to go already, it does not need another buff. Single handed is left back at home, crying in the corner wondering what it did wrong. It could do with a confidence boost.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    As I see it, there's one BIG reason why Dual Wielding is better than Two handed weapons : More attacks per round without HLA. Why? Well, simply because if you're able to have 10 APR without Whirlwind, then you can rather go with Critical Strike instead, making more damage at the same speed.
    Now, having 10 APR can be tricky without WW I admit, but if you dual wield Belm and Kundane (which aren't strong weapons by any stretch of the imagination, if not for their APR bonuses) with improved haste, you can hit 10 APR :)

Also, keep in mind that with 10 attacks per round, 9 of them are main hand, one of them is offhand.