Skip to content

Selecting the party members with the Number keys (1-6)?

Hi ^^
Longtime fan of Baldur's gate here, since SCSI for BGEE came out I decided to start a new game (I preordered it but didn't play since I was waiting for my favorite mod). I'm having lots of fun but there's something that is frustrating me a LOT. Whenever I played BGII I could select each of my party members with the number keys (1 to 6) and even go to their inventory when i double tapped their number wich made the inventory management a LOT quicker and during battle I could select each party member without using the mouse. I don't know if I'm missing something but I don't have that option anymore and I can't assign the keys in the options.

Thank you ;)

P.S: English is not my native language so there will be some syntaxical and grammatical errors... sorry :p

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The number keys work for me (although double tapping centers the screen on them, just like in the original). Make sure you're not hitting the ones on the number pad, which scroll the screen around.

You can assign these keys in Options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys -> Quick Slots.
  • TofilecoTofileco Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. I'll check it as soon as I'm at home.
  • TofilecoTofileco Member Posts: 2
    All right it's not working ^^

1) I wasn't hitting the ones in the num pad
    2) In the assign keys menu (quick slots) i can only assign (spell slots, weapon slots, item slot, and formation slots (1 to 4).

So... help? Should I reinstall?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited March 2013
    What version are you playing? The latest is 2014.

And do you have any mods installed?
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I have the same problem after installing some mods.