Skip to content

[Minor bug] Missing XP for the suicidal miner

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
Observed behaviour: the sick miner on the top level of the Cloakwood Mine who asks you to put him out of his misery yields no XP if you kill him.

Expected behaviour: in original BG1, you used to get 2 XP for doing as he asked. (I'm assuming this change is inadvertent.)

Comment: yes, I know this is another trivial issue, but a bug is a bug.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited March 2013
    (Oops, wrong section, will repost in bugs.)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Gallowglass you can always just move your thread to a different section by editing the initial post.
    Someone told me that before, but all I can see is an option to edit the text, not to delete or move the thread. What am I missing?
    I'm uploading a picture of what to look for. There's a dropdown box that allows you to select which board the thread should be in. Just choose the desired one and then click save.
    Oh for Heaven's sake, I feel really stupid now! I thought that was just an information box, I hadn't noticed that it's selectable! How dimwitted can I be? (There's no need to answer that.)

Thanks, @TJ_Hooker. I think I'll go stand in a corner wearing a dunce's hat for a while ...
    Haha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The original game also awarded you no XP for killing him via dialogue, which is what you are supposed to do. (You can talk to him again any time you change your mind.)
    Well no bug in that case. But are you sure, @Jalily? My notes say 2 XP, and so does the Dudleyville site. But conceivably that's the result of an undocumented fix in Baldurdash or Dudleyfix.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Whenever someone says "the original game does this," I start up my pristine copy of The Original Saga and check. :)
    Fair enough, @Jalily. I'd have done the same, except that I didn't have time to reinstall without Baldurdash and Dudleyfix. In that case I reckon it must have been a side-effect of one of those two fixpacks, since I was running vanilla apart from those.