Skip to content

[BUG] (v1.0.2014): Pressing = no longer selects all party members

butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
In the latest version, 1.0.2014 (released Feb 22, 2013), for PC:

BUG: Pressing = no longer selects all party members, even though the GUI still indicates = is the correct hotkey. Instead, pressing = zooms in one level (as if + was pressed...ie, as if Shift was also pressed).

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Pressing = should select all party members. If zoom was desired instead, the user should be forced to hold down the Shift key, to press +.

(This used to work properly in prior versions, but was somehow broken with the latest release.)
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Is it just my keyboard, or the latest patch has actually removed the command?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    It seems "=" become zoom in function

The new default hot key is "0" , it's available for me
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    ^-- This

The new patch needed to introduce a way to zoom in and out which wasn't bound to the scroll wheel on account of mac users.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    That will cause some confusion when using BGEE 1.2014 and older BG versions (Tutu, BG2) in parallel. I'm so used to hitting =. But you can manually configure keys in BGEE?

I'm really a BGEE noob still, waiting for updates of SCS, NPC1Project and Hard Times before starting play.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can change the hot keys in Options > Gameplay > Assign Hot Keys.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've had this problem and sometimes the keys won't stay re-bound.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @butsam = was remapped to zoom control. You can change that in Preferences/Gameplay/Assign Keys
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hum, okay - "0" is the new "="
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Threads Merged.
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for the replies. I believe there is still an issue though -- the tooltip says = is still the select all party members key. That said, the issue is more minor...but the tooltip needs to be corrected. Can this be moved, or should I start a new thread?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @butsam I have already registered the tooltip problem, so there is no need.
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    Thanks much! :)