Skip to content

osxKeeper - Shadow Keeper for OSX

MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
Lite version of Shadow Keeper for OSX which is currently under development.

Project is registered at https://sourceforge.net/projects/osxkeeper/

Frustrated at getting ShadowKeeper working with Wine in OSX I decided to start a project to rewrite a lite version of ShadowKeeper in Java.

Update - 1st March 2013

Currently working through the parsing of CRE files, I have released an early version of the character editor with limited functionality. This can be downloaded here

To use, simple export your character from the game, this will then be found in your characters folder (filename.chr) and load this into osxKeeper, edit and save.

Note: base hit points currently doesn't take into account bonuses/penalties provided by constitution scores

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Cool, it'd be nice to have a more native feeling save file editor.

About the name: since it's in Java, it's not really OS/X specific, is it? It could be used on Android or Windows, right?
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    @Nifft yeah, it will work on anything that runs Java.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    When it's out of beta I'll stick this thread.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Yessssss! Many thanks for starting this! I have been hesitant about the whole wine thing, because I don't really know what I am doing. I'd much rather have a native version.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If it can edit CRE files I would be very happy :-))
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    @lunar it can edit chr files which are cre files + a 100 byte header, so it shouldn't be a problem to modify to only CRE files. What exactly do you want to edit?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2013
    @MikeMasters general things like stats, spells, xp reward, appearance, inventory. I would like to be able to do some light modding to make some enemies tougher if I want. Shadowkeeper can't edit enemy scripts asigned so I don't expect that.