Skip to content

Algernon's Cloak Starts With Charge Drained - Intentional?

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
edited November 2013 in Fixed
When you identify Algernon's cloak, it starts play with its charge drained. Is this by design? (I suppose Algernon could have used it already)... Still, I would think it would make more sense to start with a charge. I'll throw it out there and see what people think.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    I believe it's one use per day now. The change is intended.

Edit: Oops, just realized I might have misunderstood your post. If you're just wondering why it starts with 0 uses, meaning you have to rest first before you can use it, then I have no idea whether it's intended or not.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, he means that when you get it, that one charge is drained. It is pretty weird.
    Melicamp
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    edited March 2013
    @Jalily - Correct!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Jalily said:

No, he means that when you get it, that one charge is drained. It is pretty weird.

Yeah, this is annoying. Would be great if it could be changed.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's not intentional, so chances are good. :)
    Melicamp
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Jalily said:

Obviously Algernon didn't feel like paying for that swanky suite he's staying in, so he payed a little visit to the bartender and used up the daily charge :)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Perhaps it's not intentional in this instance, but there are various analogous situations elsewhere. For example, many casters, when you first recruit them, have all their spells "used", so again you have to rest before the abilities are useable. So far as I recall, this was also true in original BG1, so I've always assumed it was (for some reason) intentional that you must rest before using various new items and new characters.