Skip to content

Multiplayer not working *HELP*

KoRnKoRn Member Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in Fixed
My friend and I both bought Baldur's Gate only to get the disapointment of not being able to play together, as we both saw it being a Multiplayer game.

After countless hours of trying out both eachothers ip's, port forwarding even using Hamachi. Nothing is working, does anyone have a fix or tip? It just gets stuck in the (joining selected session... this may take a while, please wait) we both are typing in the correct IP but still failure to join, is there a certain screen we need to wait in? Do we need to include any ports in with the IP? Please help anyone, feeling like this was a waste of cash and time and a huge disapointment.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• KatermeisterKatermeister Member Posts: 28
    Have you tried starting the game in window mode? This works for IWD2 atleast, which uses sort of the same engine.

Good luck
  • KoRnKoRn Member Posts: 4
    We will try thanks for posting.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Did you buy it on steam?
    Yes we both did.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    As far as I know Atari's been slow about releasing the patch that fixed a lot of multiplayer problems to Steam users and there's nothing the Beamdog guys can do about it. It's all in Atari's hands and they seem to be asleep at the wheel. Lots of Steam users have been having the same problems you have. I don't know what to tell you. Wait I guess, or write Atari a letter, or download using the beamdog client.
    edited March 2013
    Would I need to re-purchase this game again to get the beamdog client?