Skip to content

We need some news !!

SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
Hi guys

we are running out of news for a while now... The game is supposed to be released this summer ! Please give us something, screenshots or short video !
kamuizinsirthaddaeusZymran86tenaunfortunate_onewendigoScooterAkerhonSpaceInvaderZaccaroAlejandroGoanvArAnkouleRenardruseIngwarr23SarevokthYorleenmch202DazzuArcitcnooberSchneidendDejwoSWKchickenhedGrandeC

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2012
    @Seldar agreed, a teaser video should suffice, E3 just happened 3 days ago (5-7 June) and unseless there's something i don't know that was a lost oportunity to introduce the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Maybe other opportunities come to happen, or even a youtube video that at least heat the expectations.

I'm Brasilian, and here in 11 to 14 of october will happen the Brasil Game Show (http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/). I don't even know if the game will already be launched until there, but if not its a good advertising opporunity. Probally other countries will have their own events too that can be used to this end.
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 27
    I guess they really want to keep any information secret until the famous date. But I obviously agree with you Seldar, I am looking forward to watching a video of this expected game.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Ok, imagine Baldur's Gate I, except everything is upside down. And it's pink. Very pink. I don't know why.

IMHO, I wouldn't expect to see anything like a gameplay video until the UI is all bashed out. I think the plan is to devote the time it would take to do a big E3 style announcement and work on the game instead.
    unfortunate_oneAntonAndreaColomboGoanvArAnkou
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    "Busy doing awesome" right?
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    We really need gameplay videos or at least some screenshots...
    SpaceInvader
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    At least tease us by plopping more threads into the "Fixed" and "implemented" sub forums. :)
    YES! Let's fill out that FAQ a little more.
    Antonsmeagolheart
    Don't need to be a game play video, if a decent video is made with the only prupose of advertisement, this would be suffice to ignite the expectation. Just make a teaser movie to spread the news. This game is so much loved, for this reason so much ppl know of the enhanced edition even with only comments and old game images with a 2012 under it.

More is needed if they want to make profit with this game, make a movie digital video (with some of the main characters of BG1 and some cool images). We can wait for some news about the game play if some cool videos launch the idea of the game.

Only the most faithful fans are on this forum, but many others are scattered through the world, and new fans can be conquered around the world IF they know a game like this is being made.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think we just need to be patient and hope that they have some stuff to show soon. I think it really is important for the next screenshots to start featuring the new UI so we can see that its BGEE and not BGT or Tutu. Not sure if any graphical improvements have been confirmed for spell effects or the like, but those would be nice to see too.
    purebredcorn
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    From what I've heard they're just about to announce that BGEE will be converting BG into a sci-fi adventure involving Space Hamsters of Bhaal which... Nononono...

I think if one wants to know why there hasn't been a plethora of news, one needs only go to the Bugfixes forum, check out the links that Balquo, aVENGER, Ascension64, etc have provided, count all those bugfixes one by one, account for each one, then multiply by a factor of 3-5, and you'll have the math for why "development stage" means development stage. ;-)

Still, I agree I'd like to see something new on the bugfix front myself... Maybe soon :-P *nudge, nudge*
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I would be happy with some fresh concept art or a music sampling... A detailed overview of the problems being most fixed in the BGEE would be interesting too.
    AntontenaSpaceInvader
    Oh, right, that would be great, @wonderboy2402. That type of thing may only be getting delayed by the Pipeline Approval process... I believe Composer X Sam Hulick has mentioned being done with a number of tracks for the new areas. That would certainly be a nice teaser... :-)
    Anton
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Hi guys

we are running out of news for a while now... The game is supposed to be released this summer ! Please give us something, screenshots or short video !
    Yeeesssss!
    We need to see new gameplay videos! xD (trailer)
    Can't wait for this amazing game :P
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    I love this thread!

Yeah I’m not fussed on videos or what have you because I understand there is probably still a long way to go on game development. But at least add some things to the “implemented” and “fixed” sections of the forum would be great to allow us to see where they’re at and to feel like we are really contributing. A taste of the new music would also be sick!
    :)
    SpaceInvaderAvengingExile

... A taste of the new music would also be sick!
    :)
    Eerr, did you mean sick really?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

Eerr, did you mean sick really?
    It means something like cool or awesome in this context.

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    @Seldar

Oh yes I agree. I know they must be busy working on the game. But yes, some information or some kind of related news, anything, would be great. :D
    leRenardruseYorleen
  • leRenardruseleRenardruse Member Posts: 18
    I can't wait for enhanced Edition... I'm reading again all the saga of the Forgotten Realms. I forget about Kelemvor and his crew !! Love you Cyric. Be a good God of murder haha
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Seldar
    I join your conga-train, even a screenshot would be enough to understand what this "enhanced graphic" means.
    Ingwarr23ProdigyMagnetic
    edited June 2012
    OK, just checked the OsterTweets for BGEE news... Here's what I found:

Not a lot of news... but! These are the reasons...
    "We are still pushing pixels on the new interface, so it will be a while before we have any screens available."

"The UI work is going slower than I had hoped. We really had to trash everything and restart on the UI code... A big part of the UI rework was the ability to fit different resolutions and aspect ratios without us having to redo all the art."

"Actually... I think making demos as a whole sucks as it diverts the team's attention from making a better game... The original BG had a demo disk, with only chapters 1 and 2. It took over a month of design hacking to make it work"

"Our approval process is through Atari and Wizards of the Coast. They need to approve most materials"
    So there you have it... Still workin' on it! Actually if you want a new screenshot just go to BaldursGate.com to see the new FAI art screenshot. The OsterTweets also mention that that artwork will be used in the game...

And if you haven't noticed the new NPC portrait, check out the first screen of BaldursGate.com and see if you notice anything... >:-) Or seek out @PhillipDaigle...
    GrungeChlapec
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    I would be happy with some fresh concept art or a music sampling... A detailed overview of the problems being most fixed in the BGEE would be interesting too.
    A production progress diary or blog or something, not everyday but maybe once a week or something... The tweets from @TrentOster are indeed cool but not necessarily dealing with progress.

@Bhryaen that's a great picture of the Friendly Arm Inn and it inspires confidence! @BGEE is going to deliver
    Yorleen
  • mjellymjelly Member Posts: 10
    isnt that picture from candlekeep?
  • ZakerosZakeros Member Posts: 75
    @mjelly the one @Bhryaen posted is Friendly Arm Inn and the freshest one on baldursgate.com is Candlekeep ;)
  • mjellymjelly Member Posts: 10
    ah thanks for the info, i have only stayed at the friendly arms inn many years back and had a little to much ale to drink...hence the confusion :)
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    ah thanks for the info, i have only stayed at the friendly arms inn many years back and had a little to much ale to drink...hence the confusion :)
    And there are the banners with the hands attached to arms holding a flag... =]

• leRenardruseleRenardruse Member Posts: 18
    The friendly Arm Inn ! The first time you fight hobgoblins for a ugly ring ...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    The friendly Arm Inn ! The first time you fight hobgoblins for a ugly ring ...
    You could have said "Bump" at the same sentence ;)

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2012
    Considering that EE is to be released this year (though I wouldn't mind next year if that'd improve the quality even further), I wonder when the "Fixed" and "Implemented" subfourms will start to grow?
    Antonelminster