Skip to content

[Bug] Possible Pickpocket Discrepancy

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Not sure if its a bug, but here it is --

Observed Behavior
--------
You cannot pickpocket the short bows from the sirens in "The Song of the Morning" temple. In the original game you could, but this was changed in BG:EE and now you cannot.

However, if you pickpocket the mayor of Nashkel (Berrun Ghastkill) you can pickpocket the bow he is holding, as well as his spear, and leave him with nothing.

Proposed Change
--------
Some consistency on this - Either you should be able to pick pocket the weapons folks are holding or you shouldn't. I wouldn't think it makes sense for one to be changed to protect their bow from pickpocketing, but the other you can take it out of their hands.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, if folks have their weapons equipped, then that's different from weapons stored in their inventories. It makes some sense that you can steal from their inventory but not snatch it out of their hands.

However, I agree that there should be consistency, and weapons in hand shouldn't be sometimes-stealable and sometimes-not. Bear in mind, though, that some characters have a weapon in hand and another similar weapon in inventory, so it's not always obvious that you're stealing from inventory.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

Well, if folks have their weapons equipped, then that's different from weapons stored in their inventories. It makes some sense that you can steal from their inventory but not snatch it out of their hands.

However, I agree that there should be consistency, and weapons in hand shouldn't be sometimes-stealable and sometimes-not. Bear in mind, though, that some characters have a weapon in hand and another similar weapon in inventory, so it's not always obvious that you're stealing from inventory.

Agreed. Though, when I stole the bow from Berrun Ghastkill, it disappeared from his hands.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    I didn't test this in game, but @HaHaCharade may be on to something here.

According to NearInfinity both the sirens in "The Song of the Morning" temple and Berrun Ghastkill have a bow that isn't flagged as "Not Stealable" in the selected weapon slot, the only difference being that the sirens have the bow in the first weapon slot and Berrun Ghastkill in the second.
    HaHaCharade