Skip to content

Character Indecision *spoilers*

betobeto Member Posts: 20
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem to decide what character to make. You see, he IS the son of Bhaal! He must be one up to his destiny!

Do you think he have to be like Abdel?

What character do you think its perfect for the role playing?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    As evidenced in ToB, children of Bhaal come in all forms. They aren't driven to specific professions, and their power levels are very uneven.

Therefore you can RP yours however you wish, there's no right or wrong answers. If you want to be just like daddy, I guess an evil Fighter-Assassin could be fun; but it doesn't mean that a LG Monk is breaking character.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Please, please, please don't think that you have to model your guy after the abomination that is Abdel Adrian.

I tend to prefer classes that fit the bill of tapping into some sort of mystical power. Clerics, regardless of faith, qualify for this sort of RP, and sorcerers are practically built to be the protagonist of the series.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2013
    I tend to think that a Bard would be a pretty logical outcome of a Candlekeep upbringing, but that's just my five cents (I also happen to love to be a jack of all trades). But as @valamyr said, you can make an RP claim to almost any class. There are some I have a hard time fathoming, such as the local library barbarian (I keep picturing the Conan parody there) but I'm sure even those could fit in an RP environment somehow!

Edit: oh and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Barbarian in the traditional sense sure is a hard fit, but if you think of yours as the result of fighter training coupled with unexplainable 'blood rages' in battle that made it impossible to become a focused soldier, it could. The essence of bhaal being, ofc, the explanation you eventually discover for this rage.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There is an explanation for Barbarian in the default biography that you get asigned.
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    In my personal headcanon charname is a Paladin of Helm (who converts to Ilmater in between 1 and 2) if he's good-aligned, and an Assassin if evil.

Regardless, as others have said you can justify pretty much every class and should just play whatever suits you.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    For those who can't decide perhaps a F/M/T is the answer - a little of this a little of that and plenty of time to think about what to choose on your next level up since it takes so long to get there... ;-)

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129

Obviously you should be an evil Halfling Wizard Slayer that always hated Gorion for his magic talent and...for being taller than you.

This is canon, I believe.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Obviously you should be an evil Halfling Wizard Slayer that always hated Gorion for his magic talent and...for being taller than you.

Somehow still better than being Abdel.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Be a Blackguard.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

I started one of these (CN tho) in my "lower powered" team and he was actually a very efficent character using sling and short swords. Stats 17 - 19 - 18 - 10 - 10 - 9 - thats only an 83 roll - if you hold out for an 86 or 88 you could boost cha enough to make him an interesting Charname

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited March 2013

...who goes at Drizzt solo? :3?
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i have a gnome wizard slayer LE and she rocks as a tank, in BG there aren't that many game changing magical items that i feel i'm missing out on, by BG2 the combination of weapons with good abilities and interesting shields, helmets and armours as well as your increasing MR means that you don't miss out on much