Skip to content

Edwin is gone

I took edwin in my party. Then i've spent some time in cloakwood and in mine. When i cleared them up i wanted to do edwin's quest so i went to nashkel to reach gnoll stronghold. But in nashkel edwin told me that he had enough. He's gone. Can i find it back or have i loose it for the whole game?
Thanks a lot

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    There are two reasons why a character may walk out.

1) Reputation. Edwin is Evil, so if your party's Reputation exceeds 18 then he'll walk out on you. Similarly, Good (or Neutral) characters will walk out if your Reputation falls too low.

2) Time Limit. Some characters have time limits on their quests. If you haven't done what they want within the time limit, then they'll walk. Off the top of my head I can't remember whether Edwin is one of those who has a time limit, but it's certainly possible.

Either way, once this has happened he's gone for the whole game.
    TheMoatMonster
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    If you did Cloakwood and the mines after picking him up, you most certainly didn't finish his quest within 10 days. That's the timer and he'll leave for good if Dynaheir isn't dead by then. Even if you are on the Stronghold map already, or have cleared it and stand a step away from Dynaheir.
  • ogamogam Member Posts: 6
    :(
  • ThermosThermos Member Posts: 13
    This happened to me, I finished with the mines and was just on my way to deal with Edwin's mission when he let me know he was leaving. All I had to do was load my quick save from right before he left, then ask him to leave the party myself, so that he stood there waiting. Then I went and picked up Dynaheir, added her to my party, brought her back to where I left Edwin, killed her, and then asked Edwin to join up. I'm guessing I could have killed Dynaheir anywhere and it didn't have to be near him, since he said something acknowledging her death but didn't make it seem like he had seen it just happen in front of him. So yea, if you have a save from before Edwin storms out you can just kick him out and come pick him up after killing the witch.
  • ogamogam Member Posts: 6
    Yes i have it but i've kept playing and now i'm a lot forward. I've met a wizard. Anyway think i'm going to end up game this way. When i'll stard it again, sure i'll do edwin's quest.
    Thanks a lot for the tips ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited March 2013
    If you pick up Dynaheir before talking to Minsc or edwin then you don't need to do their quest,,,,
    what i mean is you don't get stuck with Minsc whenever you want only Dynaheir...
    and if you pick up Dynaheir first then later on talk to Edwin he will join your party and you don't need to kill Dynaheir... if she dies he will be happy and you finish his quest automaticly and you can go to a temple and resurrect Dynaheir again.... problem solved... everyone happy :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Except the map won't be visible if you talk to neither. You have to talk to Edwin or Minsc to make the area show up on the world map.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've never tested this, but I wonder ... if you explore towards the Gnoll Stronghold (knowing where it is by metagame knowledge), and move off the south edge of AR4600 or the west edge of AR5200, then won't that force the Stronghold to appear on your map even if you haven't yet spoken to Minsc or Edwin?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

I've never tested this, but I wonder ... if you explore towards the Gnoll Stronghold (knowing where it is by metagame knowledge), and move off the south edge of AR4600 or the west edge of AR5200, then won't that force the Stronghold to appear on your map even if you haven't yet spoken to Minsc or Edwin?

Yes. Although I explore by trying to travel off the edges of every map, so you don't need any metagame knowledge to find it.