Skip to content

Can you still kill the ghost knights?

Im trying to kill them with shar teel wielding the dagger of venom shes dual classed to thief if thats relevant and i cant seem to get her to deal any damage to them, also dorn only has 2 poison weapon charges which isnt enough.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    ive had her swinging at them for a good 30 minutes now and the ghost is saving against the poison every time :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    im using the dagger of venom what else works?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    If they save, try lowering their saving throws? Glitterdust, Greater Malison?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I'm pretty sure they'll save forever against the dagger, but if you pick up Dorn and give him a few arrows of detonation, and then shoot Shar-Teel with Envenom'd Weapon active as she stands next to them, they'll die pretty rapidly.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    As @Pentalion said, their saving-throws are too low to be affected by the dagger.
    So what you need is 2+ people with Poison Weapon or Dorn with haste and a good number of ApR.
    In order to be sure to hit them you can use Arrows of Detonation (100% chance to hit) or stunning them before with the Stupifier+1 (a stunned target doesn't require a to-hit-roll).

@KidCarneval they won't flag if you attack them and they have 100 resist vs everything except Poison (so MR too) ;)
  • KatermeisterKatermeister Member Posts: 28
    I think their MR is over 100. I tried casting several Lower Resistance spells on them without any effect. It may have been set to 1000 or something extreme like that.
    Jester song ignores magic resistance... so they can be confused. At least something. :)
    edited March 2013

Jester song ignores magic resistance... so they can be confused. At least something. :)

@KidCarneval they won't flag if you attack them and...

They don't ever turn red?

They don't ever turn red?

By flagging I mean turning red, so... no! xD
    LOL So they just stand there and let you try to poison them? Umm, that's... different.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    They're ghosts. They probably laugh at you until it actually works, and are then too freaked out to turn hostile.
    [Deleted User]
  • GrakkelGrakkel Member Posts: 55
    So, am I understanding this right that the only drawback to killing the ghosts is:

If you kill the ghosts, you can't return the ancient armor to the ghosts for 1500xp and thus you can't combine that with the idol from the doomsayer to make the vampiric sword in Ulcaster. But since the vampiric sword hurts the wielder and heals the target, that doesn't seem much of a loss.

Does that sound right?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Not quite, @Grakkel, it's the other way around.
    If you do return the Ancient Armor to the Ghost Knights to claim the XP, then they go away with it, and that's what prevents you giving it to Ulcaster (together with the Idol) to obtain the Vampiric Sword. Killing the Ghost Knights lets you keep the Armor and get the Sword. But as you say, the Sword is useless anyway, it was just a joke by the original devs.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Equip Kagain with the vampiric sword: theoretically infinite healing.
    Eudaemonium
    Grakkel said:

So, am I understanding this right that the only drawback to killing the ghosts is:

If you kill the ghosts, you can't return the ancient armor to the ghosts for 1500xp and thus you can't combine that with the idol from the doomsayer to make the vampiric sword in Ulcaster. But since the vampiric sword hurts the wielder and heals the target, that doesn't seem much of a loss.

Does that sound right?
    No, you can kill all of them except one (there is one that have a relatively crappy equip) and complete the quest by talking to that one.