Skip to content

Forum Bug: Can't post topics if my texts exceed a certain limit.

TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
For some reason I can't create threads if my initial post is too long:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/80/request-add-more-class-specific-items-to-the-game-bgee#latest

I know other users can create threads with much larger posts, so it seems to be something specific with me. I can't even edit the additional text in.
Post edited by CameronTofer on

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Thats weird. Perhaps you have a secondary user setting for whatever reason that most other members don't that is limiting your post count. How many characters are you being limited to?

Or maybe you were trying to include som HTML that you don't have the permissions for or you were trying to attach a file that was too large. But by the sounds of what you were trying to post and the functionality of this forum so far this doesn't sound the most likely.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm not doing any fancy stuff, just plain old text.

I actually tested it a bit, and its not only when I create topics, but also when I try to make posts.

• CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    I think the limit was 8k, I changed it to 32k. If this is still not enough I can change it again.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    32k should be fine. I've only ever once hit the 40k limit that a lot of forums use :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @CameronTofer

Thanks, I'll check it later tonight when I have my laptop again. Though it is strange that I had this problem but others didn't.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I am currently having the same issue as Tanthalas, and I am no whether near either of the limits Cameron described.