Skip to content

BUG: Called Shot ability is not accessible with my Archer

model359model359 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
Platform: iPad
Verson: v1.0.2014
Type: Single player

I found another posting where called shot was not being displayed, but it looks like the issue that player was having was his archer Reputation was too low. That is not the case here:
L6 Archer

I do not have access to the called shot ability. I knew it worked with a previous version (not sure which one) because I played an archer before. With this current release, I created a new archer and the ability is not presented. I am trying to access it by selecting the star icon on the bottom right of the display while an enemy is in view. Not sure if the enemy is required to display it.

I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I am new to the forum.
thanks
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• model359model359 Member Posts: 4
    I should also add the following:
    Race: Elf
    Neutral Good alignment
  • NyxlNyxl Member Posts: 34
    Greetings. I just tested this, and created a neutral good elven archer as specified. The special ability icon was indeed greyed to start with. Upon reading the kit description, I noticed that the 'called shot' ability is available each day once per 4 levels. I used the debug console (what a neat tool for such testing) to perform three rapid levelups, and upon hitting level 4, I unlocked the 'called shot' as expected.

Not an issue, just a matter of patience. Play your archer, and you'll gain your daily shot, if you don't mind me saying so. ;-)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The OP has a level 6 Archer though.

@model359 When you go to the Record screen, what does your class say? Current reputation doesn't matter once you've fallen.

Another possibility is that you've used up the shot and need to rest.

And a third possibility is that this is an iPad bug, which is why @Nyxl and I can't reproduce it.
  • model359model359 Member Posts: 4
    It says Fallen Archer...
    Not sure how that happen... I think I killed a few watchers in CandleKeep to get to level 2 before heading out and paid to get my rep back up... I am guessing when that happened, it killed my archer abilities...
    I am more than sure that is the issue...
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, if a ranger's reputation drops below a certain level (I think it's either 6 or 4) at any point, they lose their abilities for good, at least for the remainder of BG1. I think there may be a chance to redeem yourself in BG2, but I'm not sure.
  • stanislavstanislav Member Posts: 5
    I realise this is an old post however. Chaotic good elven archer and experiencing the same bug. Problem is Ive not fallen and I had the ability during the first part of the game. At some point, for apparently no reason, it has bugged out.