Skip to content

Arrows of fire are now also arrows +2...

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Discuss.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    They were always like that.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Bad descriptions had led us astray. Now descriptions are better. Yay!

/discussion
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Really?!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    In BG? Yes. +2 to hit, +2 damage, flagged as magical.
    I never knew that...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, really, @Tresset. The Arrows of Fire have always been +2, but in original BG1 the description didn't make it clear.

(Similarly, in original BG2, it wasn't made properly clear that the disruption throwing axe "Azuredge" is actually "Azuredge +3", so it's one of the best weapons in BG2:SoA and even worth carrying into ToB, yet many players overlooked it because they didn't realise that it's +3. I hope Overhaul will also fix this description whilst they're working on BG2ee.)
    @Gallowglass That axe had some other issues too. Like not killing undead for instance... Bad bug that. Glad someone(Kevin Dorner I think) fixed it.

I seriously had no idea the arrows were +2. Ever.
    edited March 2013
    Tresset said:

That axe had some other issues too. Like not killing undead for instance... Bad bug that. Glad someone (Kevin Dorner I think) fixed it.

Ah, I only remember playing with the usual bug fixpacks installed, so Azuredge was always terrific for me.

I seriously had no idea that the axe had originally been bugged! So we've both learnt something new today, after all these years of playing these games. :-)

(Similarly, in original BG2, it wasn't made properly clear that the disruption throwing axe "Azuredge" is actually "Azuredge +3", so it's one of the best weapons in BG2:SoA and even worth carrying into ToB, yet many players overlooked it because they didn't realise that it's +3. I hope Overhaul will also fix this description whilst they're working on BG2ee.)

But it says +3 in the first line of the description! :(

Tooltips will be updated.
    edited March 2013
    If you read the details and pay attention, then yes, @Jalily. But people get very used to +n items always being named "whatever +n", which is how pretty much every other +n item in the game was named. However, Azuredge was named just "Azuredge" instead of "Azuredge +3", and therefore players could (and did) easily fail to register the point that it was a +3 weapon.
    That's why I said

Tooltips will be updated.

:P
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    So, if we agree, fire arrows can hurt the GWW ? (because it's fire based damage AND magical)
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I just wonder...I wonder, where in the nine hells are those Kobold Commandos getting all those Fire arrows + 2? I really want to find that shop!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

So, if we agree, fire arrows can hurt the GWW ? (because it's fire based damage AND magical)

They're still not cold iron, so no.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I wish they could hurt the GWW. Anyway, we need a Kobold Commando prestige class! Unlimited fire arrows.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    That'd first require Kobolds as a playable race ;D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @subtledoctor 10000 agrees! I love that the lore tells me the power of the item, but I want it to be named. One of my favorite things about BG:EE is that the items are named more, and statisic-ized less.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

@subtledoctor 10000 agrees! I love that the lore tells me the power of the item, but I want it to be named. One of my favorite things about BG:EE is that the items are named more, and statisic-ized less.

And TBH it doesn't bother me much that folks who can't be bothered to look at descriptions might miss something by leaving +x off the items name. ;-)