Skip to content

Ghoul's Paralysis Duration

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Expected behavior: The paralysis effect caused by ghouls has the correct duration and wears off at the same time that the "wear off" sound effect plays.
Current behavior: The paralysis effect caused by ghouls wears off about 10-15 seconds before the "wear off" sound effect plays.

Either the duration of the paralysis is too short or the timer for the paralysis "wear off" sound effect is too long. I personally think that the paralysis is wearing off too early because I get the feeling it used to last longer. If memory serves this is not an issue with other paralyzing creatures such as ghasts and carrion crawlers.

Edit: Examining the Ghoul1.itm file in NI reveals that the hold's duration is 30 and the sound effect's timer is 42. Since the ghast's hold and sound effect timer are both set to 42 I assume that this is the correct duration of the hold.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Bhaaldog Like I said I checked it in Near Infinity. Everything else with a paralyzing attack (carrion crawlers, ghasts etc.) had a hold duration of 42. In light of that it seems kind of obvious to me (especially when factoring in the sound effect thing) that this was the intended duration. I'm not sure how this got messed up in the latest patch (I don't remember it being a problem before) but I did check the ghoult.itm (the weapon created by the spell) out of curiosity and it had a duration of 30 so maybe someone mixed them up.