Skip to content

Sys_error("dialog.tlk: Permission denied")

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
Hi
I'm new to modding. I'm trying to create a joinable NPC, however whenever I run the Weidu to install it, it comes up with:
Sys_error("dialog.tlk: Permission denied")

In game, my NPC is there and the dialogue is there but parts of it have Missing String errors.
I've tried setting the files and folders and unchecked the Read Only box which is pointless as it just rechecks it when I close it after applying it.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit if that helps, if anyone knows a solution.

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Does you user account have ownership of the game files? To what location is the game installed?
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    it can happen when you have your game installed in the "Programms" Directory. You can try to run the install whith admin rights (right click->run as admin)
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    No, still get the error message even running as admin
    im not so familar whith weidu, is the install file a kind of bat file or is it directly linked whith weidu?

in the first case the admin rights you give the install file are only worked lokal. And in that case you must give weidu the admin rights. Just go to the linked .exe and then:
    ->right click
    ->proberties
    ->compatibility
    ->activate checkbox: run as admin
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    edited March 2013
    Sigh, still not working. Have tried changing owernership and giving all users full control. Still getting this error.
    then maybe it is not a right problem...but sorry i havent more ideas
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Where did you install BGEE?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It may e a filse system corruption or the ownership bug of Windows 7. Try running chkdsk on you HD and see if it works.