Skip to content

Single Activity Scripts - Find Traps, Turn Undead, Bard Song

Requesting scripts to allow characters to default to certain activities to the exclusion of other things unless manually directed by the player. Find traps, turn undead and bard song are all activities that are broken when a character engages in melee etc. and many people will want their PC/NPC doing exactly that one thing in battle.

It is very frustrating to have a cleric, for example, start into melee without much impact when you are expecting the cleric to turn the battle by making the undead chunk or run away.

Getting characters to do these things consistently can be a challenge even when selecting "none" under scripts or turning off AI.

Comments

• JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    I haven't had a problem with them performing these duties with the AI turned off...yet... however, I agree with you that it would be nice to get this behavior when the AI is on for sure... right now I'm just trying to solve the problem by downloading more effective scripts via mods, etc...
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    I can't give you any specifics yet, but this is being looked into.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @aVENGER I liked your scripts in RR and even requested that you add the cleric and other ones on sHs.

I still use them all the time in BGT. One little thing that is a bit wasteful for the cleric healing ability I would like to be able to leave it on, but I find that Jahiera (or cleric x) spends minor heals to heal 1 hp and seems to priorize charname. That is fine but can be a waste of a spell, especially in a low magic BG1 game it can burn through all your healing spells pretty quickly. It would be nice if a healer wasn't worried about 1 hp, but I usually end up just turning off the healing until I really need it. Overall they are great and should be baseline for the types of characters that have modal abilities
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    @smeagolheart

Currently, the characters using aTweaks' healing script use the HPPercentLT() trigger as a condition (i.e. hit point percentage lower than X). This might be a bit suboptimal for BG1 where low level characters have very few hit points, so 20% might equal to 2 HP. I'll look into it, when time permits.