Skip to content

Sam Hulick scores music for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

Comments

• WazDuluthWazDuluth Member Posts: 8
    Anyone remember when this site updated it's news feed?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I believe TrentOster mentioned that there would be news this week.
  • IronOgreIronOgre Member Posts: 11
    mch202 said:

ha man i love the music from the whole series and some tracks of IWD was a blast too. Realy excited about the the new music.
    the Icewind Dale 1 theme by jeremy soule is simply amazing!

I completely agree! Can't wait!

• KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I especially loved Sam's work on the Mass Effect-series. It was the bold 80's vibe that really got me going and brought back memories of some great sci-fi films from that era.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of his work.
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110
    Well, is it possible to get an teaser on some music to bgee soon?
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    From the bgee twitter page last night:
    SamHulick said:

For those who have been asking, #BGEE music snippets are coming in a little over three weeks. I have a specific date marked.

• PoohunterPoohunter Member Posts: 2
    Can't wait to hear it, hope it's good!
    edited August 2012
    Way of topic, feel free to edit it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW3CEYY5fYo&feature=youtu.be

Im soory Sam Hulick ;-P But I need new tunes to play whit. You got 2 weaks, or else I'l post an pritty "raped" version of it witch should make you turn in your grave ;-P

Cheers

About the bad performance, first time playing on newlew fixed piano, my little brother finaly manage to fix it. But I hasnt manage to adjust the resistence in the "tagentene" so its quite hard to get some fealing out of the song. And the tagents is also 1-2mm smaler to what im used to.

@MDesigner I need more material!!! ;-)
    Post edited by FillaFillason on
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    AWESOME!
    edited August 2012
    @MDesigner This feels like Baldurs Gate! Awsome. I want the bloody game! The last one instantly made me think of an difficult uppcoming battle
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    WOW!!!! That's really good. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.
  • stufstuf Member Posts: 1
    Awesome!! You found the exact right vibes! The new music will fit in with the athmosphere of the original songs perfectly! Can't wait to hear the full songs!
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @MDesigner : you lived not only up to my expectations, but exceeded them by a GIANT deal. Oh my god, I love it!
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Already listened and commented on the youtube videos. But you really did some fine work with these songs. They easily could stand proudly shoulder and shoulder with the original soundtrack.

I admit I was worried at first, but I am very happy to be wrong. You nailed it! I hope they keep you on for other projects in the future.
  • MDesignerMDesigner Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad it passed the fan test. ;)
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I agree, you did a great job in creating songs which reflect the atmosphere of the original game and yet haave something distinct. Thank you for giving us this little preview!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! really, it will integrate well with the original BG1 music!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I've already told @MDesigner on Twitter, but I'll do it again here: the new music for The Black Pits is very good! Kudos for nailing it!!
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    Fantastic job! Thankyou so much for honoring the fans, I can't wait to hear it all :)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited August 2012
    @MDesigner I just had an eargasm xD Looking forward to hear again... soon. Very soon...
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Sam is like the western Nobuo Uematsu.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2012
    Wow man thats some incredible good sound. The combat track is epic:)
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2012
    The combat music is great, all the tracks stay true to the original game and in some ways theres quality that surpasses the original music.

I must admit I wish this theme made it into the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0srsB0n3g
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Damn nice work Sam !!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Yeah, I'll have to agree with everyone else. The music really fits in with the original soundtrack. Well done Sam.
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2012
    @MDesigner
    The atmosphere is definitely there.
    Post edited by dosentti666 on
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    I don't know guys, doesn't this seem too "disingenuous," like a "template form of expression"? =)

All jokes aside it sounds fittingly epic to me.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @MDesigner
    They are flawless. You are very talented indeed. Hold on!
  • BrimstoneBrimstone Member Posts: 1
    Majoca said:

The combat music is great, all the tracks stay true to the original game and in some ways theres quality that surpasses the original music.

I must admit I wish this theme made it into the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0srsB0n3g

Please, oh please, someone tell me some crafty young mind will make a mod to insert this as the main screen music.
This discussion has been closed.