Skip to content

[(BG1) Bug] Problem with Summoned Creatures (Hobgoblins) (0607)

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Problem: I cast monster summoning 2, so that it summoned hobgoblin archers. Once they are summoned they move around of their own accord, ignoring orders. They move to seemingly random points periodically. Disabling party AI had no effect on their movement.

Expected Behaviour: All summoned creatures to be directly under the control of the caster and to follow his orders expressly (without acting of their own accord) unless the spell description stipulates otherwise.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I'm not sure if summoned hobgobs have a different .CRE file than regular gergs, but if so that wander script really should be removed. EIther than or add in the hobgob description something about being uncontrollably fidgety. ;-)
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Yeah, summoned hobgoblins have standard scripts. The standard archer script includes randomwalking if there's nothing better to do.
    @Wisp
    Hmph. Well, maybe there's a way to substitute the type of hobgob that's used for the spawn? I'm assuming- if they're standard scripts- there's a specific .CRE it draws from and then adds the "summoned" green circle status to. Maybe using Malkax's stationary hobgobs (BHOBGOB.CRE) would be better.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Bhryaen
    The CRE is HOBGOBSU and it is only used for summoned creatures, so it could be edited directly to make it a more optimal minion, say, by assigning a different script.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - HOBGOBSU.CRE now has a shiny new race script that is the same as it was minus the wander
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    confirmed fixed - hobgobsu.bcs doesn't contain randomwalk
    Confirmed Fixed

Also used Wand of Monster Summoning (WAND10) until I got some Gergs Hobgoblins: no more wanderlust. :-)
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I surely hope there is still at least ONE hobgoblin named Gerg! In memory of all the extinct gergs that used to wander our realm unmolested by modders and developers alike!
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    In the same idea of tweaking summoned monsters behaviour, is it possible to give them some

IF ActionListIsEmpty()
    THEN RESPONSE #100 MoveToObject(LastSummonerOf(Myself))

so they don't get lost in fog of war? Can add more triggers (!See / !Range) or change the target object ([PC] / PlayerX / anything)