Skip to content

Super Baldur's gate brothers Melee.

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited March 2013 in Off-Topic
You have every single NPC from Baldur's gate 1 and 2 in a smash brothers style beat em up game.

Each character would exist as a 2d megaman style sprite.
A character such as keldorn might have a greatsword for most of his standard attacks, but for special moves could do stuff like fire a crossbow, or bring up a protection from evil shield surrounding him.
Mages would have some signature spells available to them as well as their weapons, such as a fireball projectile, or insect swarm atttack.
The characters would be fully voiced and have their own into and exit sequences. For example, shar-teel draws her greatsword slowly from her back and says "Men... are pathetic"

You'd kill oppenents by knowing your opponent out of the arena, or into the water/lava, in the same style as super smash bro's. As you lose health, enemy attacks and smashes make you go flying further.

You would have various arenas
Wyrm's crossing
Baldur's gate sewers
Waukeen's promenade
Cloakwood mines (The water level here keeps on rising throughout the game)
The Underdark
The shadow temple (At various points, certain crystals on the map would dwitch on and off, and you need to fight near them since you take some damage every second you are outside the light range from shadows.)

Items would drop from falling crates with certain magical effects:
Cloak of mirrroring - For 10 seconds, reflects every projectile back towards the caster
Ring of free action - You still take damage, but are immune to knockback effects for 10 secs
Healing potion - Restores some health
Crom Fayer - Adds a smash effect to all your attacks - acts like a new weapon
Celectial fury - Chains a lightning sticke effect onto the end of all your regular attacks.
Mana Bow - Powerful projectile weapon, 40 uses.
and so on

Who would you pick as your main character and why?

Also, why doesn't anyone make this game?
Post edited by ajwz on

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Shar-Teel, greatsword..?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Because the target group for this game is...ridiculously small.

Also, Yeslick. Smaller to hit, divine protection, magical beard powers.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Xzar for Vampiric Touch justice!

I would so f**king play this game so hard.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Jan for all his flashers and other inventions with great style!
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Yoshimo, katana slice and dicing always looks nice in this type of games. He also has an amazing, funny voice actor ...And he can dance on the head of a pin as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'd play Dorn - Hulk smash little flesh things!

And yes, I would play this very very much.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Xan play dead possum defense
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Where is the kickstarter on this?
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    I'd play Jaheira and Minsc. Cool idea.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I'd probably try playing as everyone at least once.
    Oh! Oh! I just thought of something. For the stages.
    There should be a Saradush arena! It would be so freaking AWESOME. Like every once in a while a giant flaming rock would just randomly crash down onto the stage and stuff!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    We would need an assist trophy kind of thing to summon some of the well liked characters that can't be in the party or infamous villains... Kangaxx could imprison people. The surgeon would heal people. Cespenar could drop a bunch of items. The Demonknight would throw some fireballs.

Of course we would also need some annoying ones. Shank and Carbos would try to fight your enemies but would die in one hit. Saemon could summon a bunch of baddies and then teleport away. If we wanted someone like Mister Reseti I know just the guy...
    It begins with an "N" and ends with an "oober"...
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Unless Lilarcor is the announcer, I don't care.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Kaltzor said:

Come on...Lilarcor is an unlockable playable character!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Personally, I like the idea of playing as cernd, since he could shapeshift into a werewolf with a whole new set of abilities.
    Also, I like the idea of a pirate ship arena, which rocks from side to side, with the occasional sahuagin leaping from the water to fire a few shots at you.
    Also, all the wands could appear as items with 10 charges of a powerful missile attack.
    AHF said:

Kaltzor said:

Come on...Lilarcor is an unlockable playable character!
    No, Lilarcor is the announcer, an unlockable playable character, AND an in-game item.

I heard you like Lilarcor, so we'll put some Lilarcor in your Lilarcor so you can Lilarcor while you Lilarcor.