Skip to content

[BUG] Monsters Continuous Spawn 1.0.2011 PC

agrisagris Member Posts: 581
edited March 2013 in Fixed
Expected Behavior: Monster that you kill stays dead

Observed Behavior: Monster that you kill returns as soon the fog of war covers the spawn point, and you uncover it again. For example, near the NPC Binkes, in the coastal map just after Candlekeep, a Wolf is directly NW of him. If you kill said wolf, move away so that the fog of war covers his spawn point, and move then move back, the wolf will return. I've done this 3 times in a row now, and on a brand new game sporting the 2011 patch. I don't know if this universal, but I'm reporting it because it's so reproducible and definitely indicates something is broken about the 2011 spawn system. @Nathan @KeithS for good measure.

EDIT: it apparently only works upon first encounter of the spawn point. Using the situation I outlined above, the wolf would continuously respawn after I had first encountered him and let the fog of war cover his spawn point, then revisit it, ad infinitum until I loaded a save made after I initially fought him. The continuous respawns would not occur then.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This was handled by setting the non-continuous spawn flag.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Monsters respawning issues have been fixed with patch 2012.
    Of course, after some time, new enemies will randomly appear in the area you have already cleared.