Skip to content

Minsc and withches in BG2:EE (Spoilers)

Since Dynaheir is stone cold dead from the very start av of BG2 and Minsc one goal in life seems to have to two things: a miniature giant space hamster and a witch - he now is one item short.
I know that he can "adopt" Aerie as his new witch ... So what if making more possible witches for BG2.
Neera and Imoen would be cool. Any else that he should be able to have as his witches?
Maybe even CHARNAME if you play a female mage - that would be awesome!
Maybe he could adopt more than one and have a witch harem (of sort)?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    I had a Nalia romance mod installed that made her his witch. Truf!
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    the more logical would be that a Witch from rashemen would come and check out what happend to Minsc and Dynaheir... after all they are in a right of passage... and if it takes a long time for them to come back to their country they want to know whats the delay are for...
  • ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
    Nalia is a witch choice in vanilla if Aerie is not in the party.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Zaor said:

Are you sure? I never saw that happen!

I think Minsc would prefer a lawful good spellcaster to be her witch to rein him in. Neera is CN, and Nalia is CG, not the types of authority and responsibility like dear Dynaheir.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    That would require a new NPC (Rashemi witch) and her finding Minsc in the first place. Note that Edwin is on the run from the other Red Wizards and they don't seem to be able to find him, even without being hidden in a powerful mage's dungeon. In other words, it would be a whole new game and quest to have a new witch travel all the way from Rashemen and find Minsc.

Aerie seems the only logical choice - Dynaheir was lawful good, Imoen and Neera aren't, Imoen isn't around for some part of the game. Leaves Aerie. It would be nice if Minsc could adopt a lawful good charname mage though. I'm all for friendship or mentor paths as alternatives to romances. But that's a case for modders, I doubt Minsc could be changed due to the contract. And even if, it would be a major change and additional dialogue.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @lunar It's true, Minsc will ask Nalia to be his witch if Aerie isn't around. But I seem to recall his relationship with Nalia isn't as developed as it is to Aerie. So she's always be seen as the more popular candidate.
  • ZaorZaor Member Posts: 69
    lunar said:

Zaor said:

Are you sure? I never saw that happen!

I think Minsc would prefer a lawful good spellcaster to be her witch to rein him in. Neera is CN, and Nalia is CG, not the types of authority and responsibility like dear Dynaheir.
    It isn't quite as many dialogue options as Aerie, but yes. He has the dialogue, declares her his witch, and will berserk when she dies. The whole shebang. Aerie will be the preferred witch for minsc if both are in the party though.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Poor Nalia, always forgotten. :(
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Iecerint said:

Poor Nalia, always forgotten. :(

Just like the poor - how ironic...

• IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    She's basically a categorically-gimp Imoen. I guess her witchableness gives her a little uniqueness relative to Imoen, though.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Nalia is ok if played as a mage, not a thief. I often use her in my good party as she is less annoying to me than Aerie can be at times. I often am more interested in friendship than romance, so Nalia is a better fit in my party. I may however romance Anomen with my blackguard in BG2EE just for RP fun.
    Delvarian said:

Nalia is ok if played as a mage, not a thief. I often use her in my good party as she is less annoying to me than Aerie can be at times. I often am more interested in friendship than romance, so Nalia is a better fit in my party. I may however romance Anomen with my blackguard in BG2EE just for RP fun.

I have a similar plan for Anomen. Does he romance all races and alignments?

I don't think he cares about alignment. I think you need to be a female human or elf/Half-elf
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Delvarian said:

I don't think he cares about alignment. I think you need to be a female human or elf/Half-elf

Well, with a personality as stellar as his you can't afford to be too picky.
    I will create him a matching lady friend. While I enjoy playing Blackguard, I think I'll try to make a neutral party for this, and aim for a female version of Cernd. It shall give PWP fanfiction a whole new meaning - Personality? What personality?
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    The question is, will you romance CN Anomen or LG Anomen? A Blackguard with CN Anomen might actually work - particularly if you actively pushed him to actions that led to failing his test.
    That's the plan to push him into doing things that aren't so good, but that we all know he wants to do.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    How did this evolve into a discussion of how to seduce Anomen in the most evil way possible?