Skip to content

Unable to save game

geerichgeerich Member Posts: 3
edited November 2012 in Not An Issue
Can't create functional saves actually (except for one initial save per new game, it seems). I haven't seen this bug mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd beg for help. If I start a new char I can successfully save only once. This save cannot be overwritten. In my save folder, I see various folders named as I named my attempts, including a quicksave folder. However, the only data in these folders in the character portrait and screenshot (2 BMP files). They do not show up on the list when attempting to load a game. More oddly, the initial save (only!) in each new game includes all the correct data in the folder and can be loaded from the load screen. This is obviously gamebreaking.

If it matters, I'm also using the "run as administrator" work around to even start the game, otherwise it crashes immediately on launch 100% of the time. Lots of frustration this afternoon when I could just double click my BGTutu icon and play the trilogy... I'm not expecting an answer for this, just putting the topic up in case anyone has experienced the same thing. Windows XP seems to be having the most problems for everyone. I've been dragging my feet forever on upgrading the OS, but it's run everything I've thrown at it til now.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments