Skip to content

Dorn stutters after quest conversation and his HP are too low

DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
edited April 2013 in Fixed
Heya,

I found two problems with Dorn;
1) I met his necromancer friend Krynn in the wilderness and killed the hell out of her, then had a talk with Dorn. After this conversation, he and my character break whatever command they have every 2 seconds to stare at eachother, making walking around basicly impossible. It looks like they want to engage in conversation but there is no conversation to be had (Dorn has nothing to say to you). This behavior persists after quicksaving and loading and after several times of killing her. The only way to prevent it is to not kill Krynn and take her letter.

Expected:
You talk to Krynn, kill her, take her letter and talk to Dorn, then the characters no longer have a talking script running.

2) Dorn is a paladin kit, but has 8hp at level 1.
Expected:
Paladins have d10 Hitdice so he should have max HP, ten at level one, not eight.

On a non-bug-but-weird-sidenote; he's the Butcher of Luskan, ran with a mercenary company and tracked his fellows a year. He has 0 XP when he joins you, being way behind on other partymembers by that time of the game while being inconsistent with his backstory.
Expected:
He should have some experience under his belt, let's say juuust enough to hit level 2. Currently, he's more clueless than Charname when she leaves Candlekeep.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Like any other joinable NPC, Dorn doesn't have maxed hps. If you recruit someone who already is level 4 for example, he won't have maxed hps either, but rather rolled hps. Shar-Teel had 17 hitpoints instead of 20 at level 2 when I recruited her.

Starting as a level 1 character is solely for gameplay reasons, almost every character is at least a bit experienced in adventuring. Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Safana, Branwen, Viconia just to name a few.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Level 1 Characters always have max HP, otherwise you could start at 3hp as a fighter and you'd have to remake your character to get rid of it.

Viconia starts at lvl2, I tested (I got her when I was still lvl1, I figure that's as low as she goes).
    Considering his placement in the game (appears when you leave Nashkel as far as I know), lvl2 is not a stretch but I can deal with him being level 1. There is, however, not a single NPC in the game that joins you with 0 experience points. Considering you get 50xp for getting a book from a pile of hay, that means he hasn't done anything in his entire life at all.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Registered - Dorn really deserves some starting xp, he led a group of brigands afterall. It won't be enough to start at level 2, but it will probably make up with CHARNAME.
    Drugar
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    1) Patch 2009a solved this.
    2) Patch 2012 increases Dorn HP at level 1 - now he has 10 HP.