Skip to content

Dances with Werewolves

I'm curious, does Werewolf island change if you're playing as a Shapeshifter Druid? I'm guessing it doesn't due to contractual obligations, but I figured it was worth asking about.
[Deleted User]SpaceInvaderQuartzSwordsNotWords

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Unfortunately, nothing changes. Werewolf island is from BG1 and there were no druid kits in that game.

But if you're playing as a Shapeshifter Druid you can always imagine that you're smarter than the smartest of its inhabitants;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    regrettably, there's probably no extra banter or anything as BG1 had no shapeshifter.
    But imagine reaction of your NPC named "Dances with Werewolves" when asked to get rid of the Werewolves and their curse...
    Really?
    Quartz
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Well, being a shifter is actually different than actually Being a Werewolf. The Shifter is capable of taking on the shape and form of the Were, but isn't cursed to be that way. They are much more in control than a Were is. And they got there by choice and discipline rather than through birth or by being bitten.

And the Curse that you get inflicted with would be something different again than the form that you can occasionally take. In short, you may have the outward appearance of being like those on the island; but you aren't one of them. With the curse, you become one but that is a whole different matter.

It's like dressing up like a Zombie to win an invite to the season premier of The Walking Dead in October doesn't mean that you actually die and become a Walker. You just look really cool.
  • ICNICN Member Posts: 61

Well, being a shifter is actually different than actually Being a Werewolf. The Shifter is capable of taking on the shape and form of the Were, but isn't cursed to be that way. They are much more in control than a Were is. And they got there by choice and discipline rather than through birth or by being bitten.

And the Curse that you get inflicted with would be something different again than the form that you can occasionally take. In short, you may have the outward appearance of being like those on the island; but you aren't one of them. With the curse, you become one but that is a whole different matter.

It's like dressing up like a Zombie to win an invite to the season premier of The Walking Dead in October doesn't mean that you actually die and become a Walker. You just look really cool.

Huh, so it's like a very subtlety different form of lycanthropy? The kit states that you do have the disease, but you also have extremely good control over it. Regardless, I think it could make a fun mod to offer more choices on the Island, with Shapeshifters getting some options above and beyond even that.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @the_spyder the shapeshifter description claims the character was infected with lyncanthropy but learned to control it meaning that they probably are very similar to the people on the island
    AHF
    @Scooter - yes, that's what I remember from the kit description. Actually...a Bhaalspawn Shapeshifter should kill the entire Werewolf island just because they are a failure.
    And because he's got no time to listen to babbling of ignorant lycantrophes.
    SpaceInvaderQuartzalannahsmith
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Southpaw - are you confusing your heritage with a given personality choice?
    @the_spyder - No. Just taking another point-of-view from the actual Werewolf, who got past the phase of RAWRGHILLKILLYOUALL!
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Aren't the "people" on Werewolf Island actually Wolfweres, hence their broken English/Common?
    Stickan
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

Aren't the "people" on Werewolf Island actually Wolfweres, hence their broken English/Common?

I thought that the wolfweres were the ones who were always hostile and used the boat as their base and the village were werewolves and descendants of Balduran's crew and other shipwrecked survivors.

Though I could be wrong.
    EudaemoniumThe_New_Romance
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You are right, @Redguard. At least, according to the enemies you fight.
    RedGuard
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Speaking of the whole "with training and discipline they have learned to control it" thingo, I kind of figure as a level 1 character how much control would they really have over this form? I think the kit would be better if it was much stronger at higher levels and at lower levels far less controllable, so the character can't really control when they enter werewolf form and when they do it would be kind of like a berserker in rage state, difficult to control. I don't I just think that could make it a more enjoyable kit. Anyway, kind of off topic sorry...