Skip to content

The one thing that would make this game way awesome-er

Better pathing.

Ehhh?

Ehhhhhh?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2013
    Alas, that is the curse of Baldur's Gate: Morons that can't figure out how to walk around each other and wait their turn.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    All things considered though the pathing is like 1000x better than in the original BG1.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    edited April 2013
    Tresset said:

All things considered though the pathing is like 1000x better than in the original BG1.

True. But it still bothers me when 2 characters sort of just quiver next to each other both trying to walk through the other, or when a small passageway is blocked and half the characters just walk into a random wall >.<

• CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I would disagree. BG:EE's pathing is much better than vanilla's. I would say the one thing the would make BG:EE better would be adventure Y!!
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    Cobbweb said:

I would disagree. BG:EE's pathing is much better than vanilla's. I would say the one thing the would make BG:EE better would be adventure Y!!

What is adventure Y?
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I've certainly dealt with worse pathing. Choosing the right formation can be a tremendous help. And recognizing that in really tight areas you can do with just two guys instead of sending all six can make all the difference.
  • trailltraill Member Posts: 22
    Being able to play it split screen on my computer would be awesome-er, though I have no idea how it could be done. Then my daughter and I could play BG at the same time, rather than having to share. (now there's a post i never thought I'd write.)
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    traill said:

Being able to play it split screen on my computer would be awesome-er, though I have no idea how it could be done. Then my daughter and I could play BG at the same time, rather than having to share. (now there's a post i never thought I'd write.)

You can totally do that. Run 2 separate programs in windowed mode. The only downside is you can only control one at a time. I bet some enterprising fellow could find a solution to that little problem, though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • trailltraill Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2013
    Amberion said:

You can totally do that. Run 2 separate programs in windowed mode. The only downside is you can only control one at a time. I bet some enterprising fellow could find a solution to that little problem, though!

Well, halfway there anyway ;). It would certainly be a throwback to the days when I used to play 2 player games on the school's apple 2e - p1 useing the arrow keys, p2 w/a/s/d.