Skip to content

Eternal XP and 2H-sword 1+ in Durlag's Tower

HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
In Durlag's Tower, labyrinth level 2, there's a false exit which spawns 3-4 Skeleton Warriors grating 4k XP each. They can be spawned again and again forever, making it possible to get eternal, but difficult XP there.

Expected: They should only spawn the first time you go over the trap.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2013
    HEY!!! Don't get them to fix my grinding spot! Leave it as it is TYVM! This isn't really a bug anyway.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Registered. Was this the same in bg1? If not, then i'll definitely fix it.
    If it was then it will need someone with higher level.
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    I don't remember in BG1, but in BGTrilogy this "bug" exists. Quick leveling :)
    @Avenger_teambg It was always a repeatable trap. I don't see any reason for changing it either. After all, resting in the same area spawns greater dopples (4k exp, same random treasure model) and resting or wandering around deeper in the tower spawns many greater ghouls (1k exp each). No matter how you look at it there are grind spots in this tower. If you decide to change this one then go ahead and re-work the entire encounter structure of the place so as to prevent people from gaining exp. I'm sure very few people would appreciate it...
    edited January 2013
    Yes, you can rest and rest for a random 4K exp. But with this trap you get 12K exp every time...I think that it's too much. Definitely it is a bug (a good bug of course)
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @DarKelP

If this is a bug, then I want all the other repeatable traps in Durlag's Tower classified as a bug.
    @DarKelP It isn't a bug though. A bug is something that is not functioning like it should. This IS functioning as it should only you don't like it.
    edited January 2013
    And to clarify, I don't want my favorite xp grind spot taken away from me. I didn't even know what that trap did because I always disarm it and every trap I come across as soon as is possible. Actually, I don't know why you'd even need this most of my characters are max level before I hit the tower.

Maybe they want to reconsider what the trap does, but repeatable traps are found throughout the entire tower.
    Umm, different views. Don't you think 12K exp every time is too much? That doesn't happen anywhere, only in that location. But ultimately it is up to each player to abuse or not of this farming. Baldur's Gate developers are the only ones who could say if it is or not a bug.
    @DarKelP

A bug is something that isn't suppose to happen.

That trap is suppose to spawn skeleton warriors, and that trap is suppose to be a repeatable trap.

It might be a design flaw, but it is working as was originally intended.
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2013
    moopy said:

@DarKelP

A bug is something that isn't suppose to happen.

That trap is suppose to spawn skeleton warriors, and that trap is suppose to be a repeatable trap.

It might be a design flaw, but it is working as was originally intended.

Tresset said:

@DarKelP It isn't a bug though. A bug is something that is not functioning like it should. This IS functioning as it should only you don't like it.

Completely agree and I also very much hope that this will NOT be altered. We are getting too much of these non-issues when there are actual real bugs in the game that need squashing! Real world time and resources need to be going towards solving those problems.

If someone or anyone wants to grind out exp by constantly triggering a repeatable trap...please let them! I can sleep in the Wyvern cave and get a large Wyvern almost every time...shall we stop that too? Who's to judge another person's enjoyment of the game? Everyone else who doesn't approve of this trap in Durlag's Tower can just keep moving along...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Not a bug.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Let's not start 'nerfing' and 'buffing' random things just because someone doesn't 'like' it, ok? I don't other people to adjust MY game for their own personal whims and quirks. This is how Mass Effect got ruined. Thanks.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    *I don't want
    @Jalily You say it is not a bug and yet this has changed with the recent patch. The skeletons are no longer repeatable. I'm getting a bit confused now. Was the change intentional? Did the devs decide to change it on their own and this thread is just a coincidence? Or is this a new bug?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The net effect of multiple devs involved: grinding point removed, but it was not marked as fixed.