Skip to content

Multiplayer locks up

PGilesPGiles Member Posts: 4
I'm writing on behalf of my dad whom I bought the game for. He prefers being able to play with a fully-created group in Multiplayer to single game, however there is a problem that he routinely experiences while playing. Often, he will hear a "ding" and the mouse cursor will pop up indicating "wait" but the game basically freezes. Sometimes he can play a multiplayer game for 5 hours without a problem, but usually it happens within 10 minutes of his game time.

And no, he's not playing it with anybody else. He wants to play single-player, he just wants to be able to create his own party so that's why he's on multi-player.

We are using Windows 7 Ultimate and the mouse cursor looks like that of Chrome's if that may be the problem.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2013
    If the freezing only happens in multiplayer, I think you may be able to start the game in MP in order to create all your custom characters, and then just move the save to the single player folder, and play in single player mode from then on.
    SpaceInvader
  • PGilesPGiles Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    How would you be able to move the save to the single player folder? I can't seem to find the saves in the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition folder, nor any indication of where I would need to move them.

EDIT: Figured it out. Thanks. I'll see if dad will be able to play uninterrupted now.
  • ThorzenThorzen Member Posts: 6
    Turn hardware cursor on / off, whatever it is not set to at the moment, see if that fixes it