Skip to content

While a thief is hiding in shadows can they also search for traps?

While a thief is hiding in shadows, can they also search for traps? Are these functions mutually exclusive? It raises a problem especially ina dungeon. Do you want to reconnoiter almost invisibly or watch out for traps?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    You can't do both at the same time. At least, not without a ton of micromanaging. You can however detect traps while invisible via the spell or potion.
    franco
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @TJ_Hooker, Thanks. I guess it might be considered too muchwork to do both. Sort of like texting while driving.
    TJ_HookerKidCarnival
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Invisible Trap Finding is amazingly good though. I've one through whole dungeons, scouted them out and removed the traps, then come through with the party and slaughtered everything.
    TJ_Hookerfranco
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @CaptRory so you can also disarm traps without breaking invisibility? I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't remember. Can you also open doors and/or containers?
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    When you leave the stealth mode, you have a few seconds (1 round i guess) before you become visible. It can be enough to disarm a trap or to do a quick search in front of enemies and retreat.
    mjs
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @CaptRory. Thanks. That will be exciting to try.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    You can disarm them without becoming visible if under an Invisibility spell. I can't remember if you can manipulate doors and such though.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    you can hit hide in shadow button until you got invisible. After that if you start to search for traps the button will deactivate, what will make you visible after 1 minute has passed more or less. during that time you can stay detecting traps and even disarm them while invisible. Before the time pass out, just click on hide in shadows again and click on find traps after that, keep doing this until you're satisfied.

Just keep in mind that, attack, cast spell, use agressive itens, open containers and pickpocket instantly cancel the invisibility from hide in shadows.